1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Clocks Scratching

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wayne58, May 8, 2017.

1. As the dash of the DVT appears to made from butter, has anyone tried to remove surface scratches caused by gloves etc resting on them ? I learnt the hard way that it scratches so easy, so while I no longer dump my gloves between Nav and dash, I wonder if anyone has used anything to remove these marks, such as plastic polish etc ?

2. Do a search please. Every other thread seems to be about scratched dashes at the moment:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lots of threads on screen protectors which I have bought, but has anyone polished out these scratches before applying protectors. Sorry @El Toro but couldn't find anything ;)

4. @Wayne58 look harder ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Anything in the detailing and cleaning section @Wayne58 ?

6. Will have a look mate. Thanks

7. I polished mine out, but I can't remember what the stuff's called, I'm home Thursday, so if no one knows I'll post it then

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Hiya Wayne...try this buddy!

Z-14 Plastic Magic Cleaner & Polish™ is a non-abrasive cleaner that removes fine hairline scratches and grime from all types of automotive, aircraft, boat, and motorcycle clear plastic windows, windshields and screens. It can be used on all plastics from very thin films to very thick acrylics.

Z-14 Plastic Magic Cleaner & Polish deep cleans as it polishes and restores dull plastics to like-new condition. It restores and maintains optical clarity on all types of clear plastic. When used on instrument panels, plastic windscreens and soft plastic windows, Z-14 Plastic Magic Cleaner & Polishhelps to reduce distortion. This polish is a complete one-step solution for keeping new and like-new plastics in perfect condition.....Cheers Rob

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Thank you guys, am searching for Z-14 as I write. Cheers again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Perfect, have ordered some :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Did this work?

Thanks

12. Yes. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Great I’ll order some

• Like Like x 2
  14. FWITW I had a screen protector on my dash since new. Recently I managed to splash/spray myself and the bike with petrol in a calamity at the petrol station. By the time I had gotten home I realised that fuel had seeped in behind the screen protector and made a terrible mess on the screen. I didn’t expect anything to shift it but I bought a bottle of the z14 stuff and it worked brilliantly. The screen is like new.

• Like Like x 1
  15. That’s great to hear. I’ve ordered some so hopefully it works

My dash isn’t bad but I want it as good as possible before fitting the speedo angel

It looks like the dealer or previous owner have been a bit careless cleaning it and scratched it. The panigale dash isn’t as bad as this

16. Failing that, some 400 grade wet and dry works well..... ;)

o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. What about petrol Rob?....i got a splash of petrol on mine and its marked/stained it...

18. Z14 will remove it buddy....

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Great....whats z14???

Do Not Sell My Personal Information