1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Clutch Recall

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by TonyC, Jun 14, 2018.

1. heard today that all V4’s are having a recall for clutch rectification under warranty.
    Does anyone know what the fix is?
    My 1299 has had the same symptoms as the V4 problem for 2 1/2 years but no recall.
    If I can identify the fix may work on my 1299.

Thanks.

2. What symptoms are you getting?

3. Oooh errr, another one? Glad my bikes with @nelly.... He'll have to set another two lads on with all the recalls :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. There is a component in the clutch slave cylinder that is being replaced along with the rubber bladders in all 3 master cylinder reservoirs. Andy

5. Hi Sonic
    Symptoms are loss of pressure in the clutch to the point there is no resistance in the leaver all the way back to the bar grips. Unable to select gear if in neutral or bike goes on its own if in gear...pull clutch in and doesn’t disengage.
    Now bleeding every 2 tanks of fuel.
    Had 2 master oem cylinders, 2 oem slaves, 2 3rd party slaves and replaced all bleed and bango fittings.
    No leaks !!!!!
    I’m at a complete loss as to what’s going on.

#5 TonyC, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. The recall is a new slave cylinder piston. It's termed a floating piston, so I guess it's better at aligning itself in the bore of the cylinder rather than being guided by the pushrod.
    Won't work in a 1299 as the cylinders are different. New cylinders are now made by Brembo.
    @MaryHinge ...... It's all in hand ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Good lad, ta! :):upyeah:

8. Thanks Nelly,
    Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
    I’m going to email Ducati customer service and want something to work around?
    If you’ve had the same problem how did you fix it?
    I shouldn’t have to bleed the clutch every 200 miles.
    It’s driving my fucking mad

9. mine is almost imposible to get out of gear wen the engine is running now its dun 1000miles & 2 track days, so wen u have to show ur wrist band before u go on track I have to switch it off, it has been bled twice so I hope this up grade sorts it out, wen I had my 1098 that was always needed bleeding I think a cable clutch is the best 20180614_140008.jpg

• WTF WTF x 1
  10. This is the same I’m suffering on my 1299. I’ve had to put up with this for over 2 years as Ducati won’t recognise the problem (same as V4) and sort by a recall.
    Both models have same problem.. I’m guttted that they can’t/won’t sort the 1299

11. I have geared it down, 2 up on the rear & one down on the front deffinatly much better & I found a surplier that didn't rip me off with the price

12. Has the recall started? my clutch is a bloody nightmare dragging when hot and have to switch off to get neutral, also have problems with front brake very weak pulling leaver back to the bar:(

13. Threads like this are the best bit about this Forum for me - i.e. just helpful :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. If you are the first owner, you should have received a letter from Ducati UK notifying you of the recall. As Ducati UK are sending recall kits to the dealerships who ordered the bikes originally, you could contact them to see if there is a kit in stock. If you cannot or do not want to return to the supplying dealership, you will need to give your preferred dealership notice to get the parts in. If you are not the first owner, you need to make sure the records held by Ducati are updated. Andy

15. I had the recall letter about the fuel breather and had that done at the first service, but it was with a different dealer than the one I bought it from, but I imagine will have been uploaded as being done now.
    I've not had anything through about a clutch recall though, although would welcome one as the clutch on mine isn't great to tell the truth.

16. The rubber bladders in the master cylinder reservoirs need changing as does a small component in the clutch slave cylinder. The tail tidy also need reinforcing. You really should speak to your preferred dealer. Andy

17. I’ve contacted my supplier they are saying mine was done in the factory before the bike was delivered. Taking it back to the dealer this week will see what happens. My brake fluid also looks like black currant!

18. I spoke to the dealership today, got mine booked in for the recalls at the end of August, nothing to worry about with riding in the meantime.

19. They bled the clutch, all good now:upyeah:

20. Interesting thread this.
    I have the new supersport s and despite this having a cable clutch I'm also having all sorts of grief with my clutch.
    First set off each day( after allowing the oil to warm up) the clutch grabs and stalls 2 or 3 times ...I look and sound like I've never ridden a bike before.Its due to go back to the dealer again Saturday. It's also having the fuel pipe recall done....NELLY have you heard of this problem? Its fine for the rest of the day.Bikes now done 3.5k miles:p since Feb with no motorway miles.:D what a summer.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information