1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch Removal Issues

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Ryan, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Only time it didn't work is if it's got an ABS unit. Pain in the arse they are

2. How big is big??
    Surely you only need to attach the syringe to the slave bleed nipple once, either way?
    When sucking the old fluid from the reservoir, nothing needs to be attached to anything?

3. No that's right. For the slave a 5 or 10 mil is ok. Up at the top you can use a tiny one

4. So a 5 or 10 ml syringe will fill the system up to the point where you can top up the reservoir.
    Ah, I see why you need the second syringe now. You need to keep sucking out the old fluid as the new fluid purges it

5. Yes thats correct. All the new fluid in the large syringe eventually reaches the master cyl so no need to faff about with fancy tools. Just keep sucking the old crap (and air) out of the main res. you wont need to top up the res because it will already be full with the new stuff.
    I know its common sense but NEVER touch the levers until all the bleed valves & covers are back on

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Update:-

So i removed the steel plate that i put in first on the stack and fitted a friction plate as instructions request.

I also put two steel plates together to make the stack height and the clutch seem okay.

Took it a run this morning for its MOT about 2 miles clutch was okay

Only thing iv noticed is when setting off it is a little hesitant to go until the clutch lever is almost fully out

7. Sorted the issue was the little pin going into the clutch lever pump was needing adjusted.

Going to have to faf about with the stack height again, clutch is slipping when opening the throttle up under torque

8. Have you got 2 or 3mm play at the clutch lever. If not, it will slip...

• Like Like x 1
  9. I do now but I didn’t before so I’m hoping it has solved it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The wee pin was too far in on the clutch lever plunger took it to the Ducati glasgow day yesterday at the green welly a good 200mile trip far better slipper clutch works a treat no judder or slipping.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information