1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Clutch Robbery

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by RickyX, May 26, 2018.

1. Cheers mate I will get it ordered, did the sigma tool work?

2. Starter sprag = 1.5 to 2hrs work. I have a flywheel holding tool btw. My loan rates are 1 tunnock caramel wafer per day with a pack of 8 as a deposit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. The Clutch holder tool for "Sigma 48T" worked perfectly with the STM 48T. I would lend it to you but you are a bit far away!

4. Sounds most reasonable! Is it the type that bolts to the sidestand mount or the one with the big handle that bears on the floor?

Sprag itself is probs 1.5 to 2 hrs work but I like to "take it slow" and ruminate/check etc. No rush...

5. Tis the big handle one. :)

6. Oooh missus...I LURVE a massive tool!

7. So does my wife. Alas all she has is me.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Thanks for thinking about lending it to me, you are a true gent sir

• Like Like x 1
  9. Must be my family roots in Newton Le Willows....

10. Just ordered my clutch for Omnia Racing big thanks RickyX for sharing the information

• Like Like x 1
  11. My 911 (if I had a manual ;) ) would cost about the same as an R

#someonebeingrippedoff

12. Alright RickyX I have just come back from a long time away with work and unwrapped my new clutch and stood staring at it lovingly. Did yours come with 6 springs and bolts to hold them in with?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yes.
    Does yours?

14. No looks like I will have to email them. This could only happen to me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. D148F6E1-74C3-44DD-A3BD-86A2172CCD93.jpeg Actually, I just looked at the pic of what was in the box and it appears that springs and bolts were not included.
    I re-used the ones I already had.

16. Yep when I looked at the instructions and thought I need to brush up on my Italian, I then turned over the page and found it in English which said use your old ones lol. However I got cracking on it tonight until I come to release the nut to find it isn't a conventional nut it has a hex key at the size of 19mm, the one tool I don't have is anyone else come across this?
    IMG_1765.JPG

17. I've never seen that before. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Nope, not seen that before.
    Still, the new clutch comes with a proper hex nut.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Use a bit of 19mm hex bar with a 19mm socket ontop.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Can anyone speculate on what my clutch is? Is it just cosmetic colour change?

E21097A9-EFE6-47D9-AA27-71654C1EB469.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information