1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Co2 Adjustment

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by TheJackal, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Hi everyone,

Thought I'd start a separate thread on this because it may be of use to other people. I've been trying to adjust the CO2 trim on my 999 with varying degrees of success.

At first I went down the JPDiag / IAWdiag route with the USB<->OBD2<->3pin cable but found that these two programs are a bit unstable in the sense that they don't update fast enough and/or freeze when trying to do the CO2 trim.

I then went down the Scan5MX + Vgate PRO Bluetooth<->OB2 adapter (+ OB2<->3pin) and found that it was much better or in my view, fit for purpose.

Problem is that with the recommended "use the trim value that produces the most RPM change" I can't really work out what a useful RPM change would be. As the bike is idling, there is always RPM fluctuation. From what I can tell, trim +0 (when changing from -1 or +1) gives me about 2-300rpm change on the Scan5MX meter.

Any recommendations or not even worth the hassle?

2. Co2 trim optimization goes like this:
    (Assuming that butterflies and co2 screws are fully in sync of course)

Find setting which gives highest rpm in idle, then back off one unit again. Then adjust idle if needed

Raoul

Do Not Sell My Personal Information