1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Cobrra Nemo 2 Install

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Veetwin, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Don't fret. It's a sealed system. Lube before you depart and you'll be fine.

2. Really.... thanks for your advice but I think I’ll ignore it : unamused:

3. Centre stand grounding out?? Ive ridden off the edge of PR5,s and nearly lost it without the stand or footrests touching tarmac. Admittedly without a passenger. I’m just about to swap to Angel GT2 ...... Is centre stand grounding out a danger??

4. I think weight is probably the reason, me (fat bast...d) full luggage and wife. Dangerous again not really sure but it does affect me and I how react when it happens, just knocked my confidence and how far I felt I could push it

I also have had the side stand ground down but took about 2mm off the block where it sits on the frame and that’s done the trick

As for me been on a health kick since the 1st of Jan and lost a stone and 1/2 so hopefully I should be a lot lighter for 2020 season :upyeah:

5. Apologies Siddo, I think I read your comment the wrong way. I thought you were saying to just lube the chain before I go on holiday and it would be good for the 2 weeks :eek:

6. Mine's just arrived,l great for £17.65…!

7. Finally got round to fitting mine, really pleased with it, seems to work well.

My solution for mounting the feed pipe was just to drill a hole in the sprocket cover and poke the pipe through. Pipe's a tight fit but I'll glue it at some point.

15879841606454931155790081819043.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. I was contemplating buying one, but now I know there from China they can go whistle.

9. I'll let them know, they'll be devastated :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mine hasn't come yet, bought around the same time, could you do a few more pics of the install, please??

11. Reservoir is just on the water pump bolt at the moment, need to find/make a better bracket so it's pulled in a bit really. 15879969205712911067015974184161.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. As a contra point of view (for reflection), I clean my chain (with Simple Green) following each ride day.
    Consequently, I need very little chain lube. Once clean, I only use a little bit on a rag, while turning the wheel.
    20200427_104628.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. You missed a bit ;)

• Love You Love You x 1
  14. Looks good, my idea for it is European touring, it should last I would have thought for about 12 days from full so would suit my needs, you could take with you as well if needed, a very small refill container with the correct gear oil in it for one top-up.

• Like Like x 1
  15. It's good enough until I can sort a better bracket. Quite pleased with just poking the pipe through the hole, it drops straight onto the outer chain plates just next to the sprocket. Got 85 weight gear oil in at the moment and it drops every 10 seconds or so.

Reservoir holds perhaps 40ml (complete guess) so that's quite a lot of drips.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Modem chains already have self contained grease. Additional lube (sparingly used) only serves two purposes namely:
    1) Prevent the O-Rings from drying-out
    2) Prevent surface corrosion
    Anything more is a magnet for road junk

17. Hi Dar, I understand what your saying, but for me, there is more then these two benefits, I was a Wurth Dry lube person for years, a couple of years ago, whilst on tour with a fellow forum member, I run out of the aforementioned product, my friend is an advocate of Motul products, I used some of his chain lube and wow, what a difference, the bike was quieter, gear changes seemed smother, just felt smoother and sounded better, the Motul lube was more of a liquid type product, you can tell at the end of a good mileage day, the chain requires lubing, my two penneth.

• Like Like x 1
  18. @Bobmg
    Just like your friend, the Motul stuff is basically what I use but I don't need much. I prefer the C2 but i also have a tube of C5 paste.

19. The C2 is the product I use now, never tried the C5 paste, will have a look at it!!

20. The C5 is more appropriate for a long tour as it caries well but a very light coat is best. The chain's #1 enemy is sand, not water.
    Thus cleaning takes precedence over lubing. I don't tour but if I did, I'd also carry a can of WD-40 and a few rags in a zip-lock bag.

#40 DarR, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information