1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coincidence 2 Bike Racers In 2 Days

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dirty Leeds, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Well yesterday I met a lad who is an ex racer and still tyre tests which was very cool, today I did a collection from Jonathan Howarth....if you remember he was the guy who came off on bray hill at 160-170 in 2013 I think, what a smashing fella he is by the way. He was also on Kawasaki’s books.

I had to google it but flipping eck that was quick how lucky is he, anyway he is a full time fireman but also he and his dad has a bike and car mot garage near Barnsley.

Got me wondering about coincidences, anyone got any?

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  2. Its not a coincidence that a fireman has two jobs.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I actually thought someone might say flipping hell I remember that accident

4. Flipping hell I forgot that accident o_O

Any footage? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I googled it flipping eck it’s quick

6. Was in the same hospital as Michael Howarth bsb rider in 2007. After both crashing at Brands. A different events tho.

7. You could have linked it :yum

8. Did you race too? I’m interested that’s all not been nosy...his name definitely Jonathan Howarth

9. Come on you know I’m thick

10. Bloody was quick!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. That’s the one pete.. he was laughing at the fact he only ever wanted to be a successful racer but is only remembered for the crash

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. His dad still races classics
    @final_edition dont know his dad’s name maybe he was the one you mentioned

13. I went to the bottom of Bray hill for my first ever glimpse of the TT in 93. Incredibly fast through there!

14. that was pretty quick! seems an unusual place for a crash....

15. I’ll hopefully ask him what happened as m taking my bike for an mot at some point

16. I imagine he left a massive skid mark behind him...

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Johnno’s a good mate of mine as said by Carl he’s a genuinely nice bloke, his dads a long time racer and his mum is a super cake and bread baker. There’s an ACU video of the crash that is under a type of ‘lockdown’ showing the full incident including the carnage of the bike hitting the crowd.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Michael is a friend of mine, that doesn’t narrow it down much as he was in hospital a lot back in the day :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. He broke his femur.

20. Ouch

Do Not Sell My Personal Information