1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Collected My 888 Today

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by wastegate, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Orange lid on a black bin, you don't know you're born lad . . . .in my day . . etc etc.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Orange lid on a black bin, does it have Ready To Race written on it? I am staggered you admit to such a thing on a Ducati forum.

These bins scare me. They keep appearing in front of next doors or down the road. Mrs Wastey says it's the rarely spotted wild `binmen`, but I've never seen them and on a dark rainy winters night I swear I see the bins moving on their own in flashes of lightening, especially that green one. You have bin warned! :tired_face:

Hoping to start ferckling with it this weekend, is there a `despair` part of the forum to post in on here?
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Has this thread lost its', er thread?

4. Yes speakers corner
    Failing that start a thread in the 888 section of the forum

5. Very nice, but.. it’s... yellow! :)
    Welcome to the forum.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I closed my eyes to that after the trio of 444 bins :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Seems like I will be joining you in the "Ferckling". First ride out on the way back from PPF and the front fork seal has blown.....Obviously a protest from not being used....

8. Nice , I wonder how many times you're going to have to repeat the yellow Ferrari story Chris , desmowerx did a recent service on showa forks on his YouTube channel .

9. ah, that's the one that was for sale near me in suffolk isnt it? looked at it last year. as you say needs a bit of work but nice bike mate, good luck :)

10. Yes in Suffolk, thanks. Price was reduced from the ebay price when it was in a shop back down to the original. It will need a fair bit of sorting but I am hoping nothing catastrophic. Will try to get it tidy and on the road for a year or so then start a major rebuild from a useable baseline, we will see. Bridgland, sorry to hear your troubles ... given what you have done already I am sure its just a minor glitch.

11. ill need to give you a shout when i finally get my banana back on the road as im not far from you in the chalfonts and will be doing a ride to on yer bike before the season is done (i hope)

12. Would be really good, but it will take me ( and cornerspeed for the engine ) a month or so to get it up and running. I often lurk around On Yers during the week drooling over stuff I can't afford. If two bananas, would we make a small bunch?

Pulled the rear wheel out and the bike has really been looked after apart from the `orrible sprocket bodge. A delight to work on too compared to post 2000 japanese stuff. I am a very happy boy - apart from I can't start it yet!

• Like Like x 1
  13. what a beaut!

14. First bike I like better in yellow!

15. Biggest question is how many people would be out there for a Red one vs. a Yellow one. I do like it and it has been on sale for around 2 years in total. Resell Red is a safer bet, but the heart sometimes wins over the head.

16. Red is best

17. I buy what I like not what I think other people might like when and if I want to sell again. :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Here is a photo of it on the 888 NOB plate next to my Superlight.

FB_IMG_1650060797600.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. What a beaut! At about 8pm one evening me and my son were topping up our hired mopeds in a Tuscan self serve petrol station when in came an 851. What a sound! That was the moment I decided i was coming back to Ducati, fun though a yamaha 600 single had been.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information