1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Comfort Seat - Ducati Or Touratech?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Pat Mills, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Think there are three versions of Ducati made comfort seat, Ant seat aligns to 3rd in the list - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ducati-Multistrada-1260-Comfort-96880571A/dp/B07DVKQYV8

Great insight on Touratech seat though as well.

2. My bad, must be a new colour matched version out for the 1260 then. Apologies Ant. They didn't have that last year when I got mine.

Are they made by Touratech or is that a separate item? Might explain the OPs first post...

The bottom one on the amazon link looks different, possibly for the 950 or Enduro?

Pretty sure that the earlier DP Touratech one doesn't raise the seat height too.

#22 Bumpkin, Feb 29, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  3. No worries- Pats coming for it this morn. To me it’s an oem one. 20mm higher and firmer. It also sits you more horizontal. I’m a short arse so need the low version which is prob the most uncomfortable version they do but it’s needs must for me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seat on Ant, makes a huge difference - thanks, and also for the green tape!

5. Thought it would work for you that
    You looked the part riding off down the road wi it taped to ur back
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. I have fitted the Touratech seat last week. Havent been out on the bike yet but can confirm it does not tilt you forward as much as the standard DVT seat but there is still a little there. Will be different again no doubt when moving. Certainly will be better but can see why others have said its not 100% right. Time will tell, after 2hrs in the saddle before things were starting to hurt and so confident it cannot be any worse :joy:

• Like Like x 2
  7. I have also just fitted the Ducati/Touratech comfort seat and also found it to be flatter with less of a dip so you don't slid forward as much. I also haven't been out yet so time will tell

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've gone back to the original seat, the Touratec wasn't right for me.
    It's flatter and wider than the original, a three hour ride told me all I needed to know.
    So, Touratec seat for sale, perfect condition, used for three hours only, decent offers considered.
    1200 DVT 2017

9. I tried and got in with touratech.

business opportunity here to have a stock of seats, oem, lowered, comfort, Sargent, touratech etc where you rent for a day before u buy

10. I’ve just fitted the Touratech comfort seat and noticed a gap that I can’t seem to fix. Is it me or the fit of the seat?

2491C0C3-F8A1-4A28-A5A0-D20B11FB608A.png

11. That doesn't look right. I have my seat in the raised position with the spacer and there is a gap between the spacer and the side panel from a low angle but nothing like that.

12. Make sure the front lugs are properly engaged, it doesn't look as if they are. If they are then it is definitely not right. I have mine in the lower position and there is little gap if any.

13. Think it is engaged at the front and must admit there was a similar but smaller gap on the standard 1260PP seat :(

14. But there are two slots on the part that the seat engages with; one for the higher seat setting with a spacer and another lower one for the low seat setting. Are you sure it's not in the upper one? Pretty sure that's what VeeTwin means...

15. Ah I’ll look at that tomorrow. It does look a very snug fit at the front though. It’s also a bugger to get off once it’s on!

16. Under seat there is a small round locator on one side.
    Looks like this is not seated in right.

17. As Pat said when i fitted mine i had to adjust the little eccentric locator to get the seat to fit right.

And before anyone says it I am probably more eccentric than the eccentric!:p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Has anyone got a picture of this eccentric locator?

19. 13 in the image below.
    Workshop manual - seat.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thanks are you saying I might need to adjust that (no 13)?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information