1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Comfort Seat For A 1260 S Multi?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Floss, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Looking for recommendations for a comfort seat for a 2018 Multistrada 1260 S, my ass (and lower back) ain't as bullet-proof as they used to be.

2. It's beyond me why they can't make these things comfortable in the first place, sports bikes I understand but on 'adventure' type bikes ...

Anyway, my MTSE seat is away for rebuilding (reprofiling and gel insert) at the moment so will report back later in the week. I'm hoping for good things!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Thanks Edward, I'll look forward to hearing what you think.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sargent. Miles ahead of Ducati touratech comfort seat.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Get the default seat recovered & gelled or airhawk 2 is very useful.

6. Took a 1260 for a test ride and after 5 minutes decided to keep my twin spark model. the seat was so uncomfortable. How can they get it so wrong?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DP Touratech seat is slightly more comfortable than the standard seat but the big positive is the material which is more grippy. This stops you sliding forward. Is the cost worth it... Considering on mine I needed, for my own satisfaction admittedly, to buy both rider and pillion seats that maybe questionable. At regular prices this is a king's ransom, I bought my rider seat off a member on here and a reduced pillion seat from DMC... So a significant part of a king's ransom. FYI; if on the hunt for these the seats from 2015 onwards are the same. Having the stock seat worked on by a competent person is the most cost effective option.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. How does it look?

9. I first had the original seat re-shaped, that was a bit better. Then got the so called comfort seat, didn't like that at all. Finally I got a Corbin and absolutely love it. So much more comfortable.

• Like Like x 1
  10. If you not fussy about looks, google Russel all day seats, looks like a gold wing seat, typical American, but for long touring days it will be insanely comfy, you can always put the good looking stuff on it for shorter rides or when in the living room in the winter lol, warning looking at this seat might cause serious distress, because they really turn your multi into a gold wing

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks folks, I'll check some of these options out.

12. Sargent got back to me and said their seat didn't fit the 2018 1260 S.

Aha! Second email from Sargent - it does fit 2018+ 1260 / 1260S / Pikes Peak

#14 Floss, Oct 4, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. If you get a Sargent I'm sure you will like it. For the price of the seat they also included a matching pillion cover (uninstalled). I just got back from a 2500 mile trip I was dreading due to the former seat squishing my 'boys'. Installed the Sargent one day before and didn't notice the seat the entire trip, which is my biggest compliment.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thanks Hawkster.
    I'm leaning towards Sargent alright, as the Corbin is vastly expensive.
    My only problem is having to send Sargent my seat and not being able to ride while its being re-upholstered.

15. I returned from a 10 day trip through Luxembourg and the Black Forest recently with serious levels of pain and discomfort on a 1260 S standard seat. Having read a lot of posts on the forum, I opted to have the standard seat modified. The Ducati/Touratech comfort seat is over £300 and most reports suggest an improvement, but not great. The Sargent seat seams to be good, but at >£500, cheap it isn’t’. So, for anyone in the Northern part of the country, check out Hurley Custom Seats. Tom (Hurley Custom Seats) is a real craftsman and a really nice guy to deal with. You cannot tell by looking at the seat that it’s been modified as Tom reused the standard cover which was one of my requirements. Under the cover Tom cut away some of the standard foam then resculpted it with medical grade gel and memory foam. What a difference. So comfortable and no pressure points. The best £130 I’ve spent on a bike. Turnaround was so fast too.

Check him out. A gent and true craftsman.

http://www.hurleycustomseats.com/

• Like Like x 3
  16. Cheers Gilbert, I'll give them a look for sure.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information