1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Commuting / Filtering On V4

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by archbishop desmond, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Hi Folks, anyone here regularly commute in town on a Multistrada? What's it like?
    My London journey involve a lot of traffic, stop start, filtering and usual hectic congestion - thinking the multi might be too much of a beast for narrow lane splitting etc

Cheers

2. Personally i would suggest its probably a bit too physically big to make the most of a bike's ability to filter.
    Engine and power wise though i would suggest ths better suited to that job than the V2 Multi.

There are better options.

3. I'd commute on a C90 into London. I'd beat you. I'd even give you a head start and beat you. Plus it'd be unlikely to be knicked as quickly as your bike. Commuting = a shitter bike you dont mind falling off/getting pinched.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I'd happily commute on one. Leaving it parked up and unattended in London would be more of a concern.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Done it many a time and no problems. With Panniers on it's more involved.

6. I commuted to London for years on the V2 bikes, I wouldn't think it would be much worse. It's not an ideal commuter but you can get through most gaps, main problem used to be breaking hand guards on wing mirrors. (Not good with panniers)

I used to use semi-secure parking though in Soho NCP

7. Did it for blocks of time (2/3 days per week at different times of the year) from Birmingham on a V2 and parked in the Minories, chaining to a car park barrier.

I would go as far as I could in one go with filtering but make sure I pulled into a space when blockages looked likely, to let faster folks through - took longer but kept things moving for everyone. Never had an issue with mirrors but only used panniers once, never again, that was filtering on the M40 though and another story.

I would most definitely try it on a V4. Some guys on here shortened their bars by a few inches total for London traffic. I would have gone down that route if I was still commuting daily, but now I just use bark busters.

8. If you do use a V4 in town it will keep your legs warm for sure - they run hot! They don't overheat just run hot!
    Personally i would go for the C90 option :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nuke all you like @TonyC. It is true.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. It’ll be fat fingers booty, easily done when you’re scrolling through a thread if on an iPad. :)

11. Agree with that , it happens and normally you get an oops ..

12. Nope. He’s a serial nuker. Nuke button’s right on the end… like a proper nuke button with flip a down protector. Like in a James Bond film…. :imp:

13. I’d buy a piece of shit for commuting.

I’d buy a 1000cc naked for a £3k-£5k.

Then you can treat it like a Thai rent boy, smash it about and watch it burn without feeling guilty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Morning mate, how’s life treating you?

#14 gc6269, Dec 25, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
  15. Hopefully the answer is better than Thai rent boy

16. I used to commute into London in a Monster S2R 800. The day it was in for a service I took my RSV1000R and it made me wonder why I should bother with the monster again.

slimmer so easier filtering between cars

stick it in second and never change gear again.

17. yep, an oops moment bud.
    Nuke button in wrong place on iPhone, accidentally hit when scrolling

18. Commuting into London on a nice new or relatively new V4 Multistrada is definitely doable. Maybe a bit large for the traffic and expensive but doable.

Getting home in the evening will be more difficult as it most likely won’t be where you left it. If it doesn’t happen on the first day it’ll happen soon enough, guaranteed. Unless you have super mega secure parking and a junk yard Alsatian attached to it. Un-fed for good measure.

As mentioned above, ride a shitter and keep the goody for the weekend. Don’t kid yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I purchased a 2007 Honda CB500F for my London work, tuition etc. Built to survive Armageddon . Gets through gaps the MTS won’t, not attracting the scum like bees to honey, and with my short inside leg I can get both feet flat in the floor.One major difference is the MTS is SO MUCH more visible to other road users, they do tend to part like the Red Sea a lot, everyone comments on how visible the headlights are. In short I am far more relaxed and comfortable on my workhorse, and it makes me appreciate riding the MTS so much more too.

20. After a while, the trouble with commuting on your good bike, is you become less likely to use it for fun at the weekends.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information