1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Confirmation Of The Ice Icon On Dash???

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Riko, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Took this picture of the new 1260 Multi and put a green circle around the yellow square at the top right:
    [​IMG]

Is that the ICE warning icon?

Saw that same icon on my Multi today....after I dropped my bike.
    Hoping this is not a fault or error icon but just the ice icon...
    It was could when I rode after my fall, could be bellow the 4°C the manual states and it is the first time I rode the multi in cold weather...

What made me doubt is of course me dropping the bike + the ICE icon in the manual is slightly different:
    [​IMG]

2. If you blow the image up it is the same symbol - some detail is lost in the low pixel image - but you can make out the dotted road centre line :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. as i recollect from my bike, that dotted road center line was not present

will keep an eye on it, tuesday I'll head to Brussels early in the morning, should be chilly enough to see the icon again :)

but kay, I'm reassured :) thx

4. It’s ice warming, but look at the dash: it’s a different layout to the DVT anyway

• Like Like x 1
  5. The 1260 that good it actually melts the ice in front of you?

:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Yes ice-warning comes up the same icon but different placement on my enduro at 4°C or lower.

Can you share anymore images of the 1260multi with us??

7. I find it odd that the LCD could be so much bigger, why do you still need all those warning lights around the edge? when make the screen as big as the edge and let all the warning lights be part of the LCD, AND STICK SOME SMALL SAT NAV SCREEN INTO IT

8. Yup, Ice icon.
    I assume the fixed lights are so they can alter the content of the display if required in the future for e.g. satnav. I do agree though, thats a lot of lights for stuff that could be on the display.

At first look its quite cluttered, but I guess you get used to it once your familiar with what is displayed where.
    Some weird placements going on. They need an HCI (Human Computer Interface) designer :blush:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information