1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Considering Change To Gp Shift

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by chrisb1299, May 23, 2022.

1. I switched recently to GP shift after >40 years of road (including some right hand gear change bikes!). I decided to do it on both of the bikes that I use.

I sometimes goof up when I’m a bit tired and nearly home after a ride, and on a damp Snetterton learning the track, it was all a bit random!!
    But I’m persevering because it is definitely better on track.
    Good luck.

2. I considered this for my trip to Almeria. I have the DP rearsets on my 12 so it'd be relatively simple to swap. But, maybe I should get this 'virginity' out of the way first. I know where I am with road shift. I still, rarely but sometimes, try to change gear by rotating my left wrist. Lambretta style. I havent ridden a scoot for >25yrs ffs.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Do you premix oil to smell the good old days too?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. My lammies were always in such a state of tune as to need 25:1. My right inner calf stunk of fuel being spat back onto my combats from the 34mm Amal PJ. I was permanantly surrounded in a castrol R/silkolene blue haze. My mikech exhaust would sometimes spit out its baffle like a mortar onto the car behind. My left hand grip was like a vice for the amount of springs on my clutch.

Now, Im sensible. I ride a ducati.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information