1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting A Euro5 Diesel To Euro6

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by AirCon, Jan 24, 2019.

1. there was a tv article in Germany ZDF i think, that was looking into the lack of support from the likes of BMW

the 5er in the report is not able to be modified, according to BMW Germany, but with a simple source of items form California where the regulations are stricter, seemingly solved the issue.
    surprisingly ( or not) all the drilling and locations were prepared for the different equipment .. go figure.. new scandal on the horizon i think

2. @AirCon .... definately worth looking at the cars original identity as @Bumpkin said,
    why?
    the car identity is done by numberplate recognition therefore a database giving you a charge, this leads to...
    your numberplate being registered to your vin plate, leading to...
    vehicles started having a 3 digit number added to the VIN (in a marked box on the bottom right of the vin plate).
    This 3 digit number is the designed emission level of your engine, and if it appears on the vin it is the level your vehicle is tested at at MOT time i.e. "051" is the mean emission level 0.51... this overides the pre 2008 & pre 2014 levels set by mot where a number appears.
    making change to your engine doesnt change its identity, you cannot change the VIN, you cannot update dvla to change this number, how can you register a euro5 car as euro6 compliant? and reap the benefits?

3. There is a procedure; as many lorries, taxi's and coaches HAVE BEEN modified to meet new tighter controls.
    You need a certificate of compliance and they change the Database, similar to what they do with my VAN currently for DISABLED allowance on congestion charges.

4. And where exactly! :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. ok, so look for your current engine code in the american version, see if its euro6 compliant if it is then check the part number database of the 2 vehicles, those that match your you would keep thos that change could be part of the euro6 changes, check:-
    high pressure fuel pump.
    fuel rail.
    fuel rail sensor.
    inlet manifold.
    throttle body
    turbo
    full exhaust system including dpf & cat, pre cat
    ecu
    fuel control module,
    wiring harnesses
    injectors
    airbox and filter
    intercooler and pipework

i recon if euro6 engine fits a euro5 car then full transplant of a donor vehicle, or transplant your upgrades to the euro6 vehicle...

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. How about your thread title - and a multitude of times within the thread too :thinkingface:

Moving Away From The Smoke For Retirement - Requesting Advice And Discussion

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::blush::yum

7. Where is the time frame? :bucktooth:
    It's not a title... It's a Headline....:mad:
    My opening post states I'm considering.:bucktooth:
    ... later posts explain my expected / planned time frame.:upyeah: :innocent:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. Thanks for all those who are trying to help....
    Still no one found an actual company selling the EURO 6 conversions for a Sprinter Van?

9. Our BNOx system is approved by the Energy Saving Trust (EST) on the Clean Vehicle Retrofit Accreditation Scheme (CVRAS). This certification scheme supports the operation of Clean Air Zones (CAZs) and addresses the air pollution emissions from buses, coaches, heavy goods vehicles, mini-buses and vans.

10. I might just buy a new van anyway..... I like this...
    [​IMG]

11. What would happen with that in a "sorry mate, didn't see you" scenario? :D:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I have that now with a white van and driving lights on!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information