1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Cool Covers Seat Cover

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by duke63, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Strange that they're described as single layer when the descriptions states, "Our motorcycle jeans are also lined with a special mesh that not only helps keep you cool in summer months but more importantly protects your skin from tearing during the initial impact if you are involved in an accident."

I guess the single layer refers to the protective material.

2. I've thought the same as well - especially as a few jeans seem to have the mesh liner.
    I initially thought a mesh liner might make the jeans feel heavier - but I'm changing my opinion as I think they will have the advantage of creating a wicking effect to draw heat away from the skin - more so than cotton/denim next to the skin.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. My Rokkertechs have no mesh lining, neither did the pair I bought for my ex (currently on ebay, the jeans not the ex). Not sure where you read that as neither the Motolegends website or Rokker's own site mentions mesh lining for the Rokkertech Legend (old Rokkertech), new AAA version or the Tapered Slim models that I could see. Admittedly the Rokkertech lineup has expanded significantly but the principal remains the same across the range. Though I do stand to be corrected.

4. This is referring to the jeans @Multirider75 bought: "I’ve ordered a pair of single layer Roadskin Taranis Elite jeans..."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Mine was a reply about the Roadskin Taranis Elites :)

I have the Rokkertechs too, and agree with all that's been said about them. My only concern is with the 3DO Ghost armour - has a whiff of Emprorer's New Clothes about it, as you barely notice it's there. Can't believe it lives up to the hype, but thankfully I've not tested it.

6. Ah, OK. I see that now :upyeah:

I know what you mean. My Rokkertechs predate the release of the Ghost armour but I bought some anyway to swap out the original 3DO stuff. I agree, seems too good to be true added to which the knee armour tended to drop in the pockets. Reverted back to the original which felt more reassuring on the bike but not quite as comfortable off. The later Rokkertech versions have a different armour pocket so may work better.

7. Take a look at Hood Jeans.
    I have a couple of pairs. Last ones I bought about 18 months ago and these are double lined and well made.

8. My cool cover was delivered today.

I’ll have a go at fitting it later.

9. Jeans arrived today. I tried them on and they feel good, if a little tight in the thigh (I do a lot of leg exercise so have huge legs). Went for a spin round the block on the bike, and they do feel quite warm, but don’t ride up like a lot of jeans do, as they are quite slim around the boot, which I like.

Will do a back to back ride at the weekend with the mesh trousers to decide which ones I’ll take on the trip. Hopefully the cool cover will come tomorrow or Friday, so I can test the exact setup. I’ll probably wait until Sunday, as that’s looking like the hottest day so far.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Keep us posted, and post up any tips if it goes well, as I gave up last time!

11. This is the problem, the lining makes them much hotter and more uncomfortable, that’s why I sold mine. I agree they are very well made though

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Any chance of some photos :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Done. 15 minute job. Put the front of the cover over the front of the seat first otherwise it won’t fit straight. And then pull over the rear of the seat. All with the seat upside down.

Needed a firm push to enable the rear seat pins to turn when putting the seat back in the bike.

I was surprised how deep the cover is. There is nearly 10mm of airflow room.

14. Good to know. I’m looking forward to trying mine then.

Let’s see a pic of it on the bike; we love a picture!

15. Bought a pair of Hood jeans quite a few years ago for a trip to the Sth of France. This was before single layer was an option. Wore them once, put them back in my panniers and reverted to my leathers as they were cooler. Sold them on ebay once home.

16. Cover received and fitted. Will try it on Sunday. It’s not going to win any glamour contests, but I don’t care, if it keeps me cool.

08B8FAA9-19E0-4AF4-8738-667562FDB310.jpeg

#56 Multirider75, Jul 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. I've seen several bikes in recent weeks with that type of cover. Will be interested in your impressions. Bought a pair of Roadskins at Brands today, have high hopes. Andy

18. The cover is good. I’m in Italy, riding it ridiculous temps (43 one day), and my arse is the only thing that isn’t on fire!

Roadskins went back, as there’s no way I’d get my legs in them once the holiday bloat sets in! Once they announce the relaxed leg version, I’ll get another pair.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I bought one for my old KTM Super Adventure, and found it very good... this thread reminded me that I had it and luckily, while a bit big, fits the Multi too... happy days!

I struggle with the heat, and would recommend one to anyone who does too

20. My cool cover arrived last week for the Multistrada enduro. I couldn't get it fitted as I'd hoped. The front seat securing bolts aren't long enough to go through from the outside of the cover. I ended up cutting off a pair of the velcro straps as they also lined up with the bolts holes. Managed to tuck the edges in and bolt the seat in place.
    It seems secure and comfy enough. Still to give it a good test.

POST RUN EDIT
    Had a 280 mile run with Scottish Ducati Club, temp was mid 20's very pleasant. Anyway I had leathers on and could definitely feel the cooling effect on the back of my thighs and backside. Not sure about the massaging effect as our stops were around the 70 mile mark but no fidgeting was involved all day. Have to say I'm very pleased with the cool cover.

#60 Columbus, Jul 25, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
Do Not Sell My Personal Information