1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolant Hose Internal Deposits

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by johnny, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Striping down the coolant system and noticed this. Old jubilee clips were rusting so i replaced with Stainless Steel.
    Worst clip had a lot of rusty deposits inside but only this side so far.

Is this creep back from the rusty clip or something else?

20201019_084823.jpg

20201019_084807.jpg

20201019_084803.jpg

2. It's also quite likely where the rubber hoses connect to the engine water connections, some or all of the actual tubes are steel that was plated. Over time the water has corroded through the plating & it's rusted between the metal pipe connection & the rubber hose.
    I'd definiatly replace the jubilee clips with stainless steel versions & maybe look at replacing the hoses with silicone versions.

3. I have replaced with Stainless Steel clips earlier but only around 6 months ago. The pipe shown has about 40 mm of crud in it then clean otherwise. This one also had a bit of a nick so I shall repalce all pipes I think, I am going to check the other hoses anyway.

Bike never has had water in it and has been flushed around every 15K. Sev, I tried to be gentle on the hoses last time but it pissed coolant so I really had to give them some welly. Maybe a sign the pipes were pased it!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information