1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Copart 2002 Ducati 748s Bip

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by RC1, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Good man! Manual downloaded...
    Anyone get into diagnostics?
    I see it uses the old fiat 3 pin plug.i have a machine for my integrale I might plug in at some point to see if o can look at the sensor inputs..

2. Was in the auction November? My friend who painted it bought it... he asked if I would do the belts and i fell in love .... so pleased with it.

3. Well. It's now been a year since my mate bought this bike. And after a delay getting the log book from DVLA due to Covid I used it through the summer and clocked up around 800 miles totally trouble free.
    It now has the red pin stripe painted around the white number board.. the front number board has gone back to satin grey... and it has carbon Termi's and an ohlins rear shock.(kept original parts of course).
    Have scrubbed the tyres out that were fitted so she now has a new pair waiting for spring and the dry roads.
    Talking to Moto Rapido they looked it up by chassis number and said it was according to Ducati ....a uk monoposto 748s with a grey frame.
    So why its registered as a Biposto and has the lugs for rear pegs I do not know.
    Have looked up the historical mot info bit of course post GDPR legislation the logbook doesn't record previous owner so I cannot contact him to ask about the history.
    There has been an occasional oil drip from the oil filter.... it was replaced with genuine last year but I have replaced it again with another genuine one and torqued it up correctly.... so will look again in the spring.
    Cheers all and happy christmas/New year .
    Peter

4. Like a few on here, i’ve always used the k&n oil filters. They’ve been spot on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Will see how gen filter no.2 fares and if no different I will try a K&N.
    Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information