1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornmarket Insurance -- Be Careful!

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by wolf piccoli, Sep 18, 2020.

1. I have a third-party only policy for my Monster 821 with Cornmarket insurance.
    Clean record, 9Y NCB and IAM Advanced driver qualification.
    I contacted Cornmarket to ask for a quote to amend my existing policy to cover for my (possible) new bike: a Monster 1200S. They refused. This for a third-party only policy.
    But they were happy to try to sell me a new policy….

2. nothing unusual there, many underwriters insist on comprehensive policies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Comprehensive not an option as I live in London (Highgate) and have no garage.
    They earlier refused to offer comprehensive for my M821 (value 8K) despite the bike being parked in a locked compound, ground anchor and chain and tracker.

4. Cornmarket is a broker and like a significant number of UK brokers, use a panel of underwriters for policies. The underwriter sets the conditions for the policy not the broker. Cornmarket were the most flexible broker I contacted when trying to set up a multi bike policy that included high value bikes. If you are unhappy with Cornmarket’s service, complain (which IMO will get you nowhere because of your situation) or just go elsewhere. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information