1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cotswolds Trip

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Xfin999, Sep 12, 2018.

1. No Andriod version :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Shame...

3. Sorry I missed this.

Don't head up that way very often so can't say I have. Why do u ask?

4. Ah I said the peaks as in peak districk not the Pennines.

We never think about headding north, I guess we really should at some point but I'll keep that place in mind if we do :upyeah:

5. Even I have done fish hill :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. No too busy watching where I was going :D

7. The Cotswold's are like Norfolk, but with money. Still a lot of uncles and aunties are sisters and brothers there :D

• WTF WTF x 1
  8. Are you saying they think incest is best and they keep it in the family?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Haha I
    Live in the Cotswolds and it is not like Norfolk. Norfolk is the only place that Mother’s Day and Valentine’s Day are the same thing.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. You clearly haven't been to West Virginia or Alabama.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Or Camborne/Redruth.

12. Aren't they retired pirates?

13. They may well be, but they're all inbred.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Well if this rode was today , hope they had waterproofs

15. Must admit i found it very bumpy and dippy even on my off road bike and I don't live any where near their.

16. Didn't find it bumpy at all really. Acidentally ended up on a single track back lane at one point... that was bumpy. some of the roads are in the process of being resurfaced which was a bit of a bitch but they are making an effort to take some of the bumps out I guess.

It is indeed awesome

I was totally fine until my way back, hit just north of Stoke and the heavens just opened. I was 20 mins from home so I just powered through and didn't bother to get the waterproofs out.

Awesome day out all in all. Always nice to go somewhere different. I can also highly recommend Russell's Fish & Chips in Broadway but because its the cotswolds we did have to pay 5 times the price or a regular chippy.

Thanks to everyone for chipping in with advice. made for good day out.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Riding round cleeve hill
    Is
    Fun except when the pensioners from
    The home decide
    To pull out in front of you in their Honda jazz’s

18. Genrally we tried to follow it but I had to try and do it from memory and general sense of direciton as couldn't find a suitable sat nav app in time to load my route into. I'll do an actual later on this evening and post it for you.

19. So this was my overall trip:
    [​IMG]

And this is a closeup of the cotswolds section:

[​IMG]

The section down to Chipping Norton from around Upper Tysoe was a proper back road so i'd advise against that part.

I also put in avoid motorways on google maps navigation on the way home which was a little better than sitting at 50 for ages on the M6 through all the everlasting roadworks.

20. Looks like Italy lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information