1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Couple Of Issues

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Groundhog, May 11, 2018.

1. Ah it's not just me then! That's interesting Rainman. Your tyre calibration fix makes sense to me. As my bike is in for its 600 mile service on Wednesday I will mention it to the dealer and let them look at that.

Just one question on the sudden loss of power - With mine I'm on the throttle, I QS up a gear, then a second or two later I briefly lose power and then it comes back in. It doesn't actually happen right on the shift. Is that how it goes with yours?

2. Exactly the same.

3. Interested to see what gets diagnosed, keep us posted please @Groundhog :)

4. Will do :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well I had the 600 mile service done today. I explained the two things that were happening. They said they checked everything and could find no problem. So for now I have to go with that. I have seen the suggestions as to possible causes and I do wonder if it's me rather than the bike, despite Rainman seeming to have the same problem. I find I am learning about the bike as time goes on, and it's very early days. I will be clocking up some miles over the weekend so I'll see how that goes. Good news on the parts - although the comfort seat is still looking like July it seems my touring pack should arrive in about a week, so that's great.
    Going on from what I said about learning the bike, and I mentioned this in a reply to another post, so I'm sorry if your reading this again! Unlike any of the many Jap and occasional British bikes I've owned I find I am slowly feeling more in tune with the bike, and as someone said the bike improves markedly as the miles go up. So it will be interesting to see how that goes. For me there it's a very different feeling to owning a Ducati which is what I expected and wanted. I can't quite put my finger on what it is......... but it's damn good!

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  6. Had my quickshift load-cell (they call it a "sensor") replaced under warranty yesterday. The dealer showed me the box that it came in and the part number, which he pointed out was a "Rev B" indicating that this is a new revision of the original part.

My 30 mile clutch-less (apart from when pulling up at traffic lights) ride back home was utterly faultless.

• Like Like x 1
  7. So was the part number of the new sensor 55215491B ? Or is there now a later sensor than that?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. I'm afraid I didn't make a note of the full serial number - he just pointed at the "Rev B" part on the box. I can't remember where I got it from but I thought the original assembly had a part number of 96580161A.

9. I just had a look at the part catalogue and I can see where you're going. 55215491B is currently listed and been there since September '17, so the dealer pointing out "Rev B" to me might be a red herring.

10. Tough crowd ehTel!

11. Well I'm up to 1000 miles now. I'm getting to know the bike a bit more and overall I love it. I am finding the initial on/off of the throttle quite snatchy, but understand to a point why this is so, hopefully things will bed in and loosen up, including me, as time goes on. A decent ride of 300 miles on Saturday using a few more rpm was just the job!
    The sudden brief loss of power on acceleration seems to have gone completely since my 1st service. However I am still getting a blip or surge from the engine after changing down a gear. This happens at least once, and often quite a few times on every ride, and only at lower speeds/revs. Having read replies to my initial post I did wonder if it was me, but I have paid very close attention when it happens and it definitely is not me. It's nearly always happens on a manual change but it occasionally does it on a QS change. It's weird! After reading what Rainman said I did a tyre calibration in the hope it might help, but in my case it didn't. I don't have any problem with the QS as such, it works fine with a positive change. But I can only think that the mystery surge is connected with it?
    My touring pack should be in this week so when I go to the dealer to have the bits fitted I will mention the mystery blip again and see if they can come up with an answer.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. An update.
    Happily still no sign whatsoever of the occasional sudden loss of power I was getting on acceleration since I had the 600 mile service. But I have still been getting the mystery blip after changing down a gear, usually when manually but it's also happened with the QS. I decided to turn off the QS to see if made any difference....and it did. I rode around all day today with it off and have had absolutely no sign of a blip/surge. So logic tells me it has to be a fault with the QS, presumably the load cell, as RM suggested.
    Along with many others I have been trying to find a solution to screen turbulence. I haven't been getting buffeting as such, but a lot of wind noise. I tried a Puig sports screen but that seemed worse. I then got some screen mounts I found on a Multistrada Facebook group, made by Jamie Clare which take the screen about 30/40mm away from the original mounts. Similar in principal I think to the Palmer Products bracket. I tried them first on the Puig - no better. I then tried them on the stock screen - no better. I then remembered that on my last bike it was finding a mount which allowed me to angle the screen that made the difference. So, still using the stock screen, I added a half inch spacer to the bottom mount which angled the screen slightly towards me - result! It's not perfect but way better than it was. I can now have my visor open at motorway speeds without crying my eyes out:sob: and the wind noise is far less, and I get this with the screen two settings down from the top. So it seems to me that height may not be everything, if you get the angle of the dangle right!
    Hope all that is of some help to others.

13. GH, I'm not getting any royalties for making this suggestion, but for me the MRA products work brilliantly, especially the X-Screen version.
    I'm just under 1.80 metres tall and with the seat height set at its highest, I can unequivocally vouch for this screen negating any turbulence whatsoever.
    I'm shortly going to fit the Palmers' screen kit, mainly for the sat-nav bar fitting, but anticipate this will only further develop the improvement.

Regards
    TonyN

14. Thanks Tony. I've just had a look at the MRA x and can see why it works. I'm sure it's the angle adjustment that makes the main difference. I've got mine pretty good as I described, but it's in a fixed position (angle wise) and I guess the spoiler on yours must enable you to fine tune it. I'm not really a big fan of the spoiler look but if it's as good as you say I may give it a try. I'm a similar height to you. With it set up to best effect are you still able to look over the screen/spoiler? Cheers:upyeah: GH

15. GH,
    Yes totally able to look over the top and I do know what you mean about the spoiler, but to be honest with you, it doesn't really detract from the overall look after a little while, it simply 'blends-in'. Once I've tried the Palmers mod's, I'll check back in.
    Regards
    TonyN

• Like Like x 1
  16. Any pics?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information