1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Cracked Frame!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Edward Cunliffe, Jul 27, 2021.

1. No not mine. Text from the post:

Anyone ever reported a frame crack on main frame near engine..
    Just having desmo service done .
    Received a call saying frame is cracked both sides...
    2016 1200S, case has been referred to Ducati UK.

2. FB_IMG_1627395070187.jpg FB_IMG_1627395075969.jpg FB_IMG_1627395082827.jpg

• WTF WTF x 4
  3. Loose engine mounting bolts/nuts allowing the frame or engine casing to flex.

4. Wow!

I've been considering looking at a 2016 1200 that's for sale locally at a good price, so that's another thing to check!

Nasher.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I've decided to join the fbibook group to actually see the damn info..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Just looked at my pre DVT frame and it is very different in that area, looks more substantial. Andy

7. I'm just in the process of ditching FB. Girlfriend's account got hacked and FB admin sent a reset code to the hacker's email FFS! Absolute shower of sh1t. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. FB is fine, just be careful what personal info you put up there, dont share except with people you trust and don't use easy to guess passwords. That way it doesn't get hacked. Oh yeah, you are not allowed to have an opinion of your own or you get suspended. I do have the campaign medals for that, but I also have multiple profiles so I am not especially bothered.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Same thing happened to my boy when he was about 12. Those Arseholes at FB will not delete the account and all kinds of bollocks was posted up on it.

10. IIRC, FB minimum age is 13+.

11. How do they know the age of anyone posting?

12. Wonder if that bike has hit something at some point in its existence.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I had a Honda Hornet and the frame cracked along the engine mount. No idea how long it had been like that.
    Took it to a welder and got it sorted.

• Like Like x 1
  14. That is worrying owning one myself.
    Maybe they have been jumping it!!!

15. I don't think they do, but your son shouldn't have been regardless, according to their rules.

16. One too many wheelies? That’s my suspicion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. My old 996 Bip had a similar issue and Ducati changed the frame as good will and I paid for the man hours to do the change. (Germany based)

18. Should be able to handle that!

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information