1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cricket and golf - what for??

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by JerryXt, Apr 8, 2012.

1. When golfers get bored they go clay pigeon shooting, but they make it a bit harder for themselves, a shotgun is just so easy!!!!

The Clay Pigeon Golf Shot - YouTube

2. "You're much closer than you were at the start of the day". Says it all really, that these guys would spend all day on a patch of sand trying to hit a clay with a golf ball. Yawn.

Golf seems to require a huge amount of skill to achieve something that isn't worth achieving. "I am very good at hitting a small ball into a far away hole". Why would you bother? To get that amount of skill you have to spend a huge amount of time, time you could so much more usefully be spending.

Don't agree about cricket though. Cricket is zen. The very pointlessness of it, the fact that a 5 day game can be decided by the weather is just fantastic. Character building stuff too, facing down very hard 90 mph balls being aimed at you, with all eyes on you to see how you face up to them.

I wish I didn't feel that way about golf. I'd probably be a lot richer by now. Why aren't boardrooms full of bikers?

3. have you tried hiding your pint behind the wicket when batting, gives the bowler a real interest in hitting the wicket.

4. Golf is for bumders and cricket is for bumders who is posher. :biggrin:

5. Theres nothing wrong with cricket.Youre obviously an oik.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information