1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crossing The Channel

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Dec 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Fixed it for you.
    They’ve already eascaped the threats you mentioned. Why risk your babies and wife to go from France to the U.K. a large part of it is because we are seen as a soft touch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Many who end up in France, still have avoided being registered and deliberately.

With the legal exception of Greece because it has been swamped, the migrants claiming asylum within the eu must register within the first safe country. Many refuse to do this and slip through the net. Say if you came on a boat, were registered in Italy, then tried to seek asylum anywhere else in the eu, that second eu country can remove you to the first eu country you were registered too. The migrants know this, the people smugglers know this and so do the countries.

That's why so many trying to make it to the U.K. will have refused, avoided or claim not to have been registered anywhere in europe as an asylum seeker and as Bob says, once registered somewhere, they become then economic migrants (which most are anyway if we were honest) and their right to move after that is almost impossible to do legally till they gain citizenship

• Like Like x 1
  3. The trouble with those pics Jez, the current lot are claiming to be from Iran and not Syria

4. I’ve said me bit and hogged the soapbox, sorry about that so I’m now off to do something bike’ish:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Can you point me at the racist bit please?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Perhaps it's the particularly mild weather (for this time of year) that we are experiencing at the moment that plays a part...

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. :yum

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  8. Shut it

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 2
  9. OK o_O

10. What do you mean by allow passage through? There are no borders, we have free movement here on the continent, and on top of that they have no status, in effect do not exist. How would you propose that France stops passage through an open border to someone who is a ghost?
    What do you mean by illegal border camps, illegal where? If you are referring to Calais then the French police regularly dismantle that camp, they move them on and try to get them to register, but again you cannot force someone to register and have a status.
    Perhaps the Le Touquet agreement should be torn up and then France has no problems with them as the UK borders would move back to UK soil, saving the French taxpayer a fortune.

11. They interviewed a number of boat captain's and most of those mentioned they hadn't seen the channel so calm like this at this time of the year for many many years

12. I'm not going to delete my post, though it is understandably emotional. The british people have suffered at the hands of ISIS, a number of good aid workers have been beheaded. I'm not going to let this terrorist organization off the hook. By way of a government agenda to focus on Russia, which PerryL has unquestioned the validity of the BBC stories (in other threads he's posted). The uk_nazi's have allowed a swathe of white-helmets into the UK. These people were beside Islamic-state when they kill people & then smile as they dispose of the corpsed people. You can seek out videos of examples if you so wish.

The isreali government have helped ISIS fighters & there are many examples of these people been of jewish origin. Also jewish representatives helped neo-nazi's in Ukraine. Not forgetting the 56 Palestinians killed by sniper fire by the isreali_scumbag military. With a further 1,300 shot but not killed on their side of the border protesting the apathied regime.

I'll take it when more european or even british terrorist incidents take place. You won't link the destruction of middle-eastern societies as the causal effect of these acts. Even if its demonstrated clearly that those future attacks are blow-back.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. There use to be a principle in law that stated if you aren't in the country legally, you're in the country illegally.
    Illegal used to mean "against the law". "Against the law" used to mean consequences - prison, expulsion, etc.

Thankfully, we live in a post-society, modern world where out-dated ideas such as "law", "enforcement", "consequences" and "action" no longer pertain. We are free to come up with "solutions" on the fly, without thought being given to the long term effects of, well, anything whatsoever.
    Indeed, Western leaders in the main see no future for us. Western civilisation is exhausted, spent, listless and decadent, its people destined to be replaced in a very few generations.

We are truly fortunate to be alive as witnesses during the end-times of Western civilisation. I now understand why most Western leaders are intent on replacing the indigenous populations as quickly as possible. They are attempting to manage the transition with as little bloodshed as possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Well that makes me feel much better, happy new year.

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Can I have some?

17. You’ve handed the rabbits back then :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  18. Shut it. You too, Elise.

19. o_O

20. When the answer is "I am leaving everything behind because my country has become unbearable" you have to ask why is it unbearable? Part of the answer lies in successive sponsorship by external nations of oppressive regimes. Without that support, especially in the form of arms, life would be more tenable.
    Yemen being the latest example. It has very little wealth or strategic importance, but it now has has two large foreign nations (Iran & Saudi Arabia) fighting a proxy war provisioned by Russia and China on one side and US/UK/France on the other.
    As a Yemeni you cannot win against those odds, so get the hell out of there as anything else is better, no matter what you are qualified to do or not do.
    Don't make the mistake of confusing immigration policy with refugee policy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information