1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crossing The Channel

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Dec 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well Noobie I am unaware that all the people crossing the channel illegally are confirmed from Iran.

If you are right and they are from Iran, perhaps the following article might shed some light on why they are actually refugees fleeing for their lives?

Here is an exerpt
    "Iranian law considers acts such as “insulting the prophet,” apostasy, same-sex relations, adultery, and certain non-violent drug-related offenses as crimes punishable by death. On August 28, Mahmoud Alizadeh Tababi, the lawyer of Mohammadi Ali Taheri, a spiritual teacher and the founder of the spiritual group of Erfan-e-Halghe (Circle of Mysticism), announced that his client was sentenced to death for the second time on a charge of “sowing corruption on earth.”

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2018/country-chapters/iran

2. A very good point here, well made.

However - unless immigration, be it economics-driven or asylum-driven, is properly managed, there are unintended consequences that occur in the new host nations. The end result of both types of immigration can be the same, even if there is a difference between their underlying causes.

Just as an aside - Europe had long periods of barbarism in its very long history. War, slaughter, genocide. Its problems were not (broadly-speaking) solved by mass migration from the European continent to some more advanced society. It was forced to solve its problems in situ, and on its own.
    I have yet to see evidence that barbarism, warfare and slaughter in the Middle East, or the Third World in general, can and will be solved by the mass movement of people from out of the war zones, into peaceful Europe.

I offer that as an observation only. Surprisingly, I have yet to work out what the answer is.

3. They claim to be Iranians but the word I hear is, they are actually Afghans and Syrians. I'm afraid I cannot confirm, yay or nay and it is likely no one else can, either (what with migrants being coached by NGOs on what to tell officials when they are being interviewed).

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Any idea why they deny being Syrians or Afghanis?

5. I am not privy to that information. It's not difficult to guess, though.

6. Is Nigel Farage around to answer a few questions. Ah bet he aint got a Duke.

7. The mass movement of people is a symptom, not a solution. "Barbarism, warfare and slaughter in the Middle East, or the Third World" can begin to be solved if wealthy nations resist the temptation to sponsor those regimes. The chances of that ever happening are zero.
    So, as citizens of sponsor nations, we should not be surprised when millions of refugees head in our direction for a better life.

8. The offending post has been deleted. It wasn’t deleted earlier as I’ve been out all day till now.

And to stop people get all ranty and indignant this thread is now closed.

Remember this is a bike forum first and foremost.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information