1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Cruise Control Question

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Andrei_Multistrada, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Hello Guys!

Hope all is well.

A quick question on the cruise control. Is it only me or is it a bit aggressive when breaking and disengaging it? If I'm doing 140 km/h on the highway and very very softly apply the break it pretty much slows me down instantly to around 120. Anyone noticed this?

Thanks!
    Andrei

2. Try rolling the throttle forward, there is a tiny allowance in the throttle to do this. Rather than have to tap or apply the brakes.

The method you describe would cause that to happen. The only method I have discovered to not cause it is too pre-throttle back before tapping brake. So the shut-off is only a tiny amount. It takes a bit of experimenting.

Just like starting my multey in severe cold weather, I pull the throttle back a few millimeters before pressing start button. So it starts, rev's (I let go of throttle) & then goes down to idle while warming up.

#2 GunZenBomZ, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  3. That would make sense. Its my first bike with cruise control and I tried the car tactic to disengaging it.

Thanks a lot! I will try it.

4. +1 for rolling off, or adding throttle prior to hitting the button.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Should you be doing 140kph? :p

#justsaying

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Only while overtaking :)

7. I've found the best way to disengage the cruise control is to open the throttle slightly before you flick the switch, as has been said above. Dipping the clutch seems harsh on the, err, clutch and just switching the switch off practically launches you over the 'bars. And I don't like braking to disengage it. It's a poor design IMO - it should be like a car where you can just temporarily disengage it and then resume again at the touch of a button.

8. Of course. You are effectively shutting the throttle entirely

9. I should have asked this before but I thought I'm imagining things. Thanks a lot for the feedback guys. I will adjust my driving accordingly.
    I agree on the above as well...a bit poor design from the Italian chaps!

10. Its not a bad design it is how any cruise control works. Brake & the thing cancels, effectively shutting the throttle. As said above open the the throttle to match your speed before cancelling.

11. I agree that thats how cruise control works but point was that its too aggressive. As sparky boy put it "switching the switch off practically launches you over the 'bars". The problem is even worse for my passenger haha.

12. You are correct but if you braked in say an emergency & your cruise control soft cut you would be braking against an engine still slowing. I do not use mine much, but when i have , just brought throttle up to match speed before braking. Not always possible admittedly. Not done long trips on empty roads so no need to use it. Best of luck with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Then match the revs. It’s the same in a car. Or would you rather it takes a while to slow down when you slam the anchors on...

14. All you need to do is open the gas a smidge, it isn’t much if you are under 90mph, and tap the rear brake or turn the cruise off.

15. I would actually prefer if that would happen. How many times are you doing 120 on the highway and some yob in from of you on the speed lane is doing less than the speed limit. With the car I hit the break which gently disengages the CC and then I re engage it after the lane is clear.

16. As said you have apply some throttle before disengaging the cruise.

IMO a better system would totally cut the throttle if the brakes were applied, but in the case of disengagement via the cruise button the system would automatically engage the throttle a little bit and ramp it down as fast as possible without the feeling you've "hit the brakes" that you get currently.

17. :joy::joy::joy:
    Inconsiderate bastards!

18. I'm pretty sure it was de-activating the cruise control on this years Spain trip (many times) that knackered my cush drive? Couldn't believe how aggressively it switched off.

19. I recommend you try the cruise control on the new 1250 GS to find out how CC should work on a motorcycle, and you can set it at speeds lower than 30mph.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information