1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Cruise Control Question

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Andrei_Multistrada, Nov 19, 2018.

1. But you can, disengage, and than simply push the resume button!? :thinkingface:

don't understand the fuss, you got basically 5 different ways to disengage cruise control (also stated in the manual)
    - clutch
    - front brake
    - rear brake
    - cc button
    - rolling the throttle beyond the zero position (to negative if you will), wich is already stated here at the start of the topic, but many dont seem to know this option.

Using the clutch even blips the throttle!

So with all these options, none of these negatives should really exist.

2. I include myself in this 'don't know' catergory. Wonder if fitting the throttle spacer kit prevents this working?

• Like Like x 1
  3. thats a good question!

the maker said it wont
    and 2 owners on a local fb groups said it still works

4. Hey bud. The reason for this post wasnt to point out a fault with the CC or create fuss on how to disengage it.

Again, its my first bike with CC what I did was relate to my cars CC which isnt as aggressive as the bike when disengaging. Now that I learned about the throttle I will be sure to use it but I believe that, as Bumpkin stated as well, not everyone knew this "trick".

• Like Like x 1
  5. :) As has been advised by a few of the responses here already, IMHO, the better method is to apply slightly more throttle just before, which smooths out the entire process, something with the throttle spacer kit now fitted, should be hugely easier and far more responsive to enable, well at least from my point of view.

Good luck with your trial and error approach to the now myriad options available to you, to help resolve your question.

I bet now you wish you'd never asked...…..:cool:

6. I also find closing the throttle 'forward' makes it very smooth then hitting resume after traffic has cleared

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks mate! Appreciate all of the help I got. Asking was the only way to learn about these new techniques haha :)

8. Thanks Andrei for the question! I use mine all the time but just learnt about the roll off, yet to try it...cheers!

9. Whatever you do, don’t use the clutch to disengage ;)

Reeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

(Don’t ask me how I know!)

10. You can use the throttle, the brakes, or the clutch as smoothly and as gently as you like. But the cruise control is simply on or off.

If the CC is switched off with the throttle at zero, full engine braking cuts in immediately which feels disconcertingly abrupt.

Cars are exactly the same, but engine braking in a car is a lot less noticeable because of the greater mass and lower power to weight ratio.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I must say Lord-Farquaad made what I said far more succinct. Luckily I don't pretend to work for the plain english campaign aka "We oppose gobbledygook, jargon and legalese." And thankfully when I wrote start button everyone seems to have realized I meant cruise control.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information