1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Css Silverstone

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by flatstick959, May 1, 2017.

1. booked on the California superbike school next week.

Looking forward to trying it out. It's something I meant to do years ago and never got round to.

Anyone else been? What's your thoughts?

2. You'll have a great day ... I'm booked on 8th for level 2
    Check out YouTube videos, but it's a full day of classroom theory followed by putting it into practice on the track, each time focusing on one more key element.
    Q Is there more tyre contact with the tarmac with an upright wheel or a wheel that's leaning over?

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'll keep my eye out for you then. I'm taking my own bike in the van.

I haven't done any of the modules so starting at 1. Says on their website you need to donthem in sequence anyway.

Looking forward to it

4. Not done CSS in UK, did a session at Eastern Creek in Australia, absolutely loved it. Kick myself for not doing all stages. I'd love to go in UK but its just so expensive and weather so hit and miss. Did Ron Haslam Race school here and weather was atrocious :(
    Kinda jealous dude you'll have an awesome day :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Was down two weeks ago doing level 1 and level 2. You are made very welcome from the minute you arrive. The training on and off track is well presented and if you were struggling they found a way to help you understand. I will be going back for level 3 and 4 soon!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Did the Ron Haslam one back in 2005. Was ok but very basic and I was already a fast group rider anyway. That was more suited to complete novices. Only had 3 short sessions too.

The only saving grace was the day i did it by pure luck they were trying out a new layout in the paddock at donington in a coned cicuit. they needed 12 volunteers so myself and 11 others got mess around on cb500s with ron and Leon haslam for the rest of the day for free. They were trying to work out schedules and a lesson plan etc for a non circuit based lesson. It was unreal. Had to do figure if 8s and 1 hand with knee down etc on a shopping bike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. I think the latter levels are where you'll get most benefit if you are a seasoned rider, one of the guys I worked with in Oz did level 4 a few times. I'm sure I remember him saying they tailor the training to what you want to improve on a personal level. Unfortunately I never took it that far but I'd like to pick it back up.

8. Same as @andy j I was there 2 weeks ago for 1 and 2... really good, learnt a fair bit to help with track cornering and going to try and do level 3 later in the summer... you'll really enjoy it, I went with the mindset of I know nothing and just to do the drills exactly as told to get the best out of it... riding with no brakes is heaps of fun despite sounding like f'ing lunacy

9. I am doing Level 3 this month and can 100% confirm that it's the best tuition / training I have ever received. I have also attended the Ron Haslam school and that does not even come close.

CSS is all about classroom learning and applying on track. You get individual guidance on track and once you leave your ego behind you will be become a much better (and faster) rider.

The day is well run and you won't regret it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. great thanks for the comments. Really looking forward to it.

Im going with an open mind with the outlook of going right back to basics and sorting out any bad habits ive developed over the years.

cheers

• Like Like x 2
  11. Did level 1 last Year in May, pissed down with rain all day but still learnt so much, going back to do level 2 on 8th June.
    Really useful classroom lessons backed up by great tuition on track.

12. Hope it doesn't rain I'm on supercorsa's!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I've been through CSS and did level 4 twice (it's customisable rather than set modules like 1-3, so you can do it over and over again)
    It's worth doing and a great introduction to track riding.
    The mindset to go with is that it's school day and not a track day, and you'll only digest the drills they do properly if you leave any ego at home and ride at 60-70% of what would be a normal track speed.
    The CSSUK guys are a great bunch and have masses of experience in all sorts of riding, so take in what they say and don't be afraid to ask questions
    Stowe isn't a great track for blasting around, but it does offer nearly every type of corner you could ever need to learn on, and the food in the canteen is decent too
    You'll have a great time I'm sure

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. I've done sprint racing in the car at Stowe before. It's ok but the cone chicane in the back straight was a joke. Not sure if the bikes use it or just painted lines? Otherwise it's ok

15. They put the cone chicane out for CSS days, but after about 5 laps, most of the cones have been knocked over, so it becomes a bit mellower :)

16. What group were you in @frazzle? I was in the yellow group for both days.

17. I was in green and then white.. on my gsxr k5.... was surprised how many people rented 959s must have cost a bloody fortune.... a couple went down too....

18. I was wondering about Stowe being a bit too small but haven't tried it. I did L1-L3 with them decades ago but wasn't too keen on the idea of Stowe. What kind of stuff did you work on doing L4?

19. The chicane for the cars was tyre walls. Was a few people clipped them it was a joke really the lay out

Do Not Sell My Personal Information