1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ctek Vs Noco

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by RC1, Jan 23, 2022.

1. At our age we can just about appreciate a trickle....If you don't have the problem, you might want to get off the thread! :D:D

• Funny Funny x 2

2. Maybe the vanquish is less troublesome in that department

3. Be a nice thought but could be as simple as age of the battery or similar? Sure there will be as much electronics drain going on and I'm running a tracker as well which are notorious for sapping battery power.

4. I don’t know mate. It seems to be a renowned thing on the vantages from what I’ve read

5. It's a strange one, friend of mine has got a pair if DBS, Manual coupe and auto volante one of the starts after weeks of sitting and the other struggles after a week.

6. #handmade :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I used leave my 997 for weeks on end. Never had a flat battery

8. They will start to sulphate after about ten days which will affect longevity.

9. for those that asked earlier

IMG_20210612_1122197~2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. and the r8 belongs to a forum member too

• Like Like x 1
  11. Missed this discussion first time round, I only use optimate, car and bikes, and now rowing boat....

12. Is it normal a trickle charger gets so hot when you first hook it up? Noticed mine was roasting the other night after about an hour of being on. I guess my battery must have been low…. The temperature stabilised after ~20 hours or so.

13. Depends how many Amps it's kicking out, the optimate has an indicator

14. Thread moved

15. Mines a c-tec for the car and an optimate for the bike. Lead acid and lipo respectively.

But it got so hot I didn’t want to leave it. Very hot to touch, about 80deg C I reckon. Anyway, it sorted itself out and fully restored the battery.

16. That doesn't sound right, warm yes, not hot, keep an eye on it ( like you are)

• Like Like x 1
  17. I bought the little NOCO 1 Genius yesterday for £32 delivered. Not many lights but it will charge Li so once I've switched the VFR over it will be pretty handy. Really small, looks more like an overgrown plug than a charger.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bought a noco jump pack for the car/bike - like the quality. Never been a ctek man - for battery tenders ive always used optimates...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information