1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Painted Lids

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by carson, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Don’t know, Petrucci has had some good results recently so maybe that’s the key

2. Oh! That's marching powder that is :)

3. When he said he was constantly out on his bike trying to hunt down some decent gear, MCN reported that as ‘he used to be a bike copper’

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. You got me. I am a very underestimated person as it happens... what do they say about people who over estimate their ability?

5. No idea ? But those who wear tracksuit shit, we call chavs !! :D

6. Don't tell me one goes jogging in one's three piece suit when one goes out jogging, or does one wear Lycra instead ?
    :cool:

7. Why would one go out jogging Gareth, one would use one's own gym surely dear boy ?? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Nofing wrong with a good tracksuit, baseball cap, gold sov ring combo. Shell suits will be back in soon.

Chavs in my town drive Lambos and chavettes Range Rovers, dress in lycra (stretch out in the market square.. no comment) then sit in Costa. Working on the laptop or is it Facebook..

It's cooler to drive an old crock here and not have a TV in the house. The bigger the TV the dumber you are apparently... Oh well.

It's anti social to make noise but it's ok if it's a classic motor..

Me, I'm all class, have fake books that have dvds inside.. motion sensors that switch from radio 1 to classic FM when people come through the front door..

Custom helmet oh yes. Pink or purple?

Disclaimer, this is not putting down custom lids in anyway...

Although, if I was to pay for a design I'd probably not have one that someone else wears. Even if I do have a Repsol bike (which I will be selling) and argue, it's about having something that represents a moment in time... rather than being fan. I have a race rep Ricky C MX lid but don't wear it but it was off the shelf.

#48 Not Carl Fogarty, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. The original design is the same?

Maybe I'd have been better posting the pictures of the design on here first and getting all the experts to do their own each little bit that they all seem so good at behind a computer

FB_IMG_1497185291827.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Didnt know Jeremy Corbyn was a Jedi and Yoda looks very sad.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Everyone knows that :rolleyes:

12. I love the design you have there, and I have no doubt you could ask the artist to tweak a couple of areas if you are not satisfied with them. I showed your pics to my Mrs. who is a big Vinales fan and she said she would go for it on her lid. What I can't understand is she has paid nearly £700 for an Arai RX-7V Vinales 'replica' and frankly I think the Arai 'replica' is naff. Why can't they reproduce something which clearly is a full replica (as AGV do for Rossi), and not just because it has the red number 25 painted on?

13. I totally agree with you, the official Vinales lid isn't the greatest lid. The Rossi reps are exactly that - reps and look great.

14. This is how artwork could look......

View attachment 98391

#55 Ghost Rider, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2017
  15. Just showin' I'm not just stuck here behind my computer.

16. Not quite sure you got what I was meaning. When you said about the heavy black lines etc, I posted the last picture which is of the actual Vinales helmet we tried to replicate. I was meaning that the helmet I've had done is damn close to that last picture I posted, which was what we were trying to achieve. The picture on post #49 is not my helmet, it's the helmet we tried to replicate.

17. What I was trying to show you is that when I comment on something; it has some sense and meaning behind it; it isn't to poke or troll.

18. No worries, slight misunderstanding I think

Do Not Sell My Personal Information