1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Painted Lids

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by carson, Sep 22, 2017.

1. I think most on here have experience behind their comments. A good amount of people I know race, I have worked for many Motorsport companies and teams, while working in engineering.

I knew an artist who air brushed a portrait picture of someone I know onto a lid, I was feeling the clear coat for a lip.. I thought it was stuck on it was so life like... A very talented guy, and he doesn't do it for a living. I have painted before but I am not an expert.

This is the guy I asked how much he paid, because I recall it was not silly money.
    Obviously, It's only a basic design, this racer is a friend of mine, said he paid £400 for this,
    would have cost more if more complex. By (Rich) Ultimate Air Brush. IMG-20170925-WA0007.jpg IMG-20170925-WA0008.jpg

The same painter did a lid for someone else we know, a current British F3 career racer, the budget wouldn't be the reason he used him.

Was just interested in costing..

2. I hope the OP and his artist haven't infringed the copyright of the original Vinales artist.......Arai don't do exact replicas unless the artist did the original.

3. That's a nice looking lid

4. Honestly mate, who actually cares...

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. It matches the car. I'd not have my car painted the same colours, just personal preference.
    Some with significant sponsorship paint the cars as requested.

Another one by the same painter.
    I think they are perhaps just a bit too bling for me, but that's the point I guess. I'm a boring old fart.

15064022286861885668420.jpg

6. I think they're great lids. Best of it is they are original

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information