1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D-air V Tech Air

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by IanR, Feb 12, 2018.

1. They did say both the street & race would fit but I found the new Tech-Air5 much more comfortable to wear after trying both the Street & air5 . I've tried it with both my leather & textile jacket when i got home. The textile is fine but I need to buy another leather jacket. Undecided weather to order my normal size (they say use your normal size if it's Tech-Air compatible or go up a size if it's not)

2. On road injury statistics more chest injuries are sustained by riders than any other area of the body, as I've seen printed somewhere. Which is why Dainese vest air bag covers the chest but not the back; relying on their bac protection to cover that area!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Was it this study?
    And it's very positive about airbags: "Different simulations were performed, with and without airbag, according to experimental tests (pendulum subsystem tests with post-mortem human subjects) ... and performed an injury report to evaluate rib fractures. Concerning the airbag system, the study showed that this type of protection increases motorcyclist's security. Indeed, for each simulation performed with airbag, no [rib] injuries were noted when the airbag was used."

#83 Freerange_egg, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. No, but that’s interesting study.
    Just been down a single carriage way country road at 50mph. Waist high hedge either side and road snakes about tightly.
    Chuffing deer size of big dog bolts out from my left. No time to brake. Sod knows how I missed it on the 899.
    Checking camera to see if it shows the deer-miss!!
    Another reason in my mind to sort out an airbag for moi.

#84 Biot, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information