1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16rr Anyone Fancy One??

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by tim1664, May 16, 2018.

1. Cry and some more crying..........punch a wall.....a Bar full of beers........and check your insurance excess cost:sweat:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. And hope no one ever posted a pic of you on track jus before or after...

3. I agree with you on this 100% and make sure no id in place i.e number plate etc

4. [​IMG]
    That bike looks bog standard - OEM BT01 tyres and probably stock suspension as well. The tyres are pretty crappy especially in wet or damp conditions, particularly with the lack of feel from the standard rock-hard suspension. I've done two or three track days with other D16 riders and at least one went down every time!

5. I wonder how many of the 1500 are left. :thinkingface:

6. I can't believe anyone that is clever enough to be able to afford one would use it with original tyres. Lunatics, and even more so to take them on track. Comedy when you think people with £5k track bikes think twice about using tyres that are a year old!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. If they aren’t good enough to ride on the road or slower trackday, why do Ducati fit them?!

8. Oooh ooh, I know this one!

Is it - cost?

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. I’m not implying that they are not good enough to start with. Just that they are ten (?) year old tyres.

10. That picture could have been 10yrs ago too, and rememder that no one, not one provider, made tyres for the desmo other than the factory ones or 16.5 slicks (iirc).

11. Yeah I know a lot of people change to 17inch wheels for that reason if they are going to use the bikes.

12. I was reading an old Visordown mag last night (2008) as I keep them, it had mackenzie riding the D16 and the NR750. It had a snippet from Wilf @Moto Rapido at the time who was saying "I ride mine all the time, people think they will go up in value but I disagree, the way to get value out of them is to ride them all the time and make use of the free servicing". I agree with the stuff about using them but not sure why anyone ever thought a handmade GP replica Ducati wasn't going to massively appreciate in value? He knows his onions I guess but the prices now are just mental it seems.

It's the 1 bike I would sell a kidney for, I really hope that those that have them know how lucky they are to have them as well as giving themselves a huge pat on the back for grafting hard enough to get one. Unless it was proceeds from selling drugs, in which, shame on you... ;-)

13. They were 16" as std not 16.5"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. I put BST 17" carbons on mine due to the lack of decent rubber. I didn't really want to spend £2k on wheels, but needs must. :confused:

IMG_5056.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. The OEM BT01's were expensive and not very good by modern tyre standards even back in 2008. My first big trip up to Scotland was a bit wet on the way back and the bike was spinning-up even in a straight line with a gentle throttle.

Anyone who is using the bike even half seriously will have changed to a 17" rear by now like @Robarano says. Bridgstone stopped making the BT01 a few years ago so they are very difficult to get hold of. I've the part-worn ones on my original wheels and a new pair all wrapped-up in my loft. Not that they'll ever get used.

#95 Dave, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Thats a lot of carbon sex there, I guess it's a decision you dont stay up at night thinking about!

17. Mine are in the loft too along with a new pair on 1098R gold wheels. :)

18. Nah, they are paid for, I don't even think about it. It had to be done. :)

19. Mines still wearing the same shoes as in this video from 4 years back. They're fairly shagged and to be honest I can't rule out them being original. Are they still in manufacture or just NOS at this stage? I didn't find the bike as stiff as everyone warned me but I've always ridden with a race seat and I have a feeling it's been well set up.

The fuelling on the bike I have found pretty odd. Great wide open but rough as nails on a constant or marginal movements. Any thoughts? Anyway here's Fagan beansing it round a curve in '14

20. Wilf had many to buy over the coming years - cheap :) so why would he say otherwise... I wonder how many miles he did on his in the end :thinkingface: anyone? :yum

Do Not Sell My Personal Information