1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16rr Anyone Fancy One??

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by tim1664, May 16, 2018.

1. The BT01s haven’t been made by Bridgestone for three years or so - any you find now will be NOS.

It could be that the springs in your suspension were changed by the previous owner. I had mine done and I know a lot of others have as well.

The fuelling on my bike is fine. Haven’t heard this complaint from anyone else. Are you sure you have the right ECU on it for the exhaust you have?

2. You could be right - I don't find the ride an awful lot harsher than my RSV4 factory - which is quite stiff but hustles round some B roads fine. My impressions don't seem congruous with the 'ironing board' usual review.

Yep, GP7 was installed by JHP and I have the remaining 2 ECUs for the 2 stock exhausts. My bellypan exit has a lot of soot on it, and the exhaust at idle smells more than it should to me. I might give Coventry a call and see if I can get some advice. It seems like it's either over fuelling on part throttle, or under-sparking and flooding on part throttle.

Of course I could be wrong and it's just like this, but I'm not quite convinced yet - it just seems a bit snatchy as a result.

3. I wouldn’t be surprised if JHP did your suspension for the previous owner. They advised me to do mine and did it and the GP07 set-up in 2012. If I recall correctly they had their own chip or flash for the ECU which they said was better than the factory one. Yours was likely done earlier than 2012 and maybe they hadn’t developed it at that time.

4. Always worth contacting jhp to ask if they remember the bike and see if they can help adjust it for you and perhaps work out any minor niggles?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nice but the value is in the zero miles bit, so if bought, can't reality be used eh. Shame

6. Not all of em....... ;)

7. And is there a secret scheme that I need to know about?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information