1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dainese Axial Boots Are 'in'

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Freerange_egg, May 4, 2021.

1. The majority of us just want to slip the boot on & go and NOT fanny around, for me a secondhand pair of Alpinestars do the job for now ( as a new / old stock pair fell to pieces after just two rides out ) but i've to glue the soles back on in places after a while, so reading this with interest.
    #Movement over protection for me.

2. I think my next boots with be Gaerne

• Like Like x 2
  3. Is it the usual with this or any Italian brand for that matter one size up from what you what normally wear.:thinkingface:

4. Not sure bud, but I have heard good things about them :)

5. Looking forward to receiving a new pair from you Mr Santa Claus....and don't be late.

6. There’s another issue too. Price! Aren’t they upwards of a grand?? Eeek....

My foot position isn’t ideal and I tend to grind away the toes. I can fix my Supertech R’s with a new toe slider, gaffer tape and araldite filler. To do this with a pair of Daytona’s would seem wrong...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The most comfortable boots ive ever had were Daytona Road Star Goretex. The Axial Ins are not uncomfortable though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. All my cycling shoes are Gaerne...

C58FBE9C-753C-48A3-98CC-AB6E948D7E09.jpeg

Love them cos they feel custom made for me, I first thought the “Boa” closure system was a bit of a gimmick at first but it really works brilliantly,....should be good like £200 a pop!

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Which bones broke, and how would the Dainese 'In' boots have better protected you?

10. I have the axial d1 air, bought in a sale for just over £200.

for the money I can see the quality argument as the first time I wore them the pull string closure on the tongue broke. However they are super comfy on the bike, fit under my riding jeans without issue, and I can walk a reasonable distance in them without trouble.

Have yet to purchase leathers so no experience on that score. Otherwise a thumb up for me

11. I came off and broken the outside of my ankle, slow off too.

I've had much faster exits wearing Sidi's without issue.

The Dainese just seem like a much sturdier boot all round over the AStars, probably on par with Sidi but they are outside the leathers.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. I wear mine inside RST troosers. It’s a ‘cosy’ fit to be honest but it works.

That said I’m going for Dainese leathers to accommodate them better.

13. In cycling shoes Sidi were always a size up, it would seem the Italians are like a really tight fit for you should you not.

14. Look too much like a wellie for my taste.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I guess all Italian men want the same from their women.;)

16. Talk to me about the Velcro for ‘In’ boots? Why do you need it?

I tried on the Axial Gore-Tex In boots and saw they don’t have Velcro to fasten them to Dainese trousers. On the one hand (foot), it means these boots work inside very many trousers (e.g. virtually all textile pants) hassle-free. But does the absence of Velcro reduce safety?

If you have the money – I may need to sell a kidney plus an elderly relative to afford them – the Axial Gore-Tex In boots feel like the ultimate in comfortable, no-compromise year-round boots. They have a carbon fibre inner boot, which is significantly better than the (£200 more expensive) Daytona Evo Voltex GTX’s plastic inner shell.

You would have to pay almost £1k for another pair of boots with a carbon and aramid fibre safety shell (Daytona’s Security Evo boots, which aren’t waterproof). It almost makes the Axial Gore-Tex In boots seem cheap, LOL.

17. Im going to revert back to Furygan and Daytona. Ive been wearing dainese for a while now but Im not impressed with quality of their zips. esp on the axial pro in boots. Ive now 2 pairs with fucked zips. Now my axial leather trouser zip has gone on one leg. Getting pissed off with them.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. I’ve got Axials and Sportmasters. Both comfortable, the latter being (IMO) better value. I have RST trousers and they do fit under them. I’ve found thinner socks under them creates less bulk and the trousers are therefore easier to do up.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Thanks. How much difference in protection do you think there is between the Axials and Sportmasters?

20. I have been using the In-boots since early 2000's with the first T-Age suit I bought in 2001 after using Alpinestar Gp boots, but they started to feel a bit cumbersome.

I think im on the 3rd or 4th version now, and i have had the same issue as Bootsam with the rear zip failure.
    this isnt helped on the Panigale when using Aggressive surface foot pegs as they seem to catch the rear of the boot when putting down the side stand..
    what I like about the In-boots is that the attach to the leathers and you have a more stable connection between boot and suit.
    i think the current version is available with perforations which I'm missing from mine in summer..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information