1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damaged Engine Casing On Brand New Bike

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by RainDanceKid, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Be...overly fussy....Ducati along with KTM are the fucking worst for finishes and quality of fixings...if you end up making it that far down the fork leg (from heavy braking) that'll wear through the fork seals in no time.....bringing on more warranty calls and problems that come with it...

I shit you not its as if whoever is in charge of coatings, fixings and finishes has...

a. Never seen the fucking rain.
    b. Never visited the uk.
    c. Sources kids poster paints for coatings.
    d. And because of the above - needs to be taken round the back of the building and have the shit kicked out of him...

Yeah ive got a ducati and its a great bike, but, the only fucking things that havent been coated are the frame and swing arm...(and the swing arm's gonna need it soon)

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. I think many years ago with their quality control there could've been a mismatch with engine cases etc,so perhaps today they've sorted it.

3. There is a train of thought in aviation circles that a new aero engine - not a jet, should be broken in by working the engine vigorously throughout its whole rev range to avoid glazing the bores However, as reciprocating aero engines tend to be around 6 litres and upwards and seldom exceed 2500 rpm there may be a good reason for this. With higher revving, higher stressed motorcycle engines, stick to the manufacturers recommendations.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. What @comfysofa said entirely..shocking quality..
    Didnt even last 6 short rides over one winter, less than a year old and just over 2000 mls

5. RETURN IT AND GET IT SORTED ASAP..!

6. Yep - absolute bollocks....looks like theyre even worse....probably salvageable but not without a total strip down and recoat.....of everything....

• Like Like x 1
  7. My V2 top yoke is similar to that but I wouldn’t except that paint on the engine or the fork slider coating issue

8. Exactly what I was thinking - the yoke isn’t too bad really although noticeably more pocked and tarnished than my old D675R.

9. Those imperfections would wind me up on a new bike. Tell the dealer to get it sorted at the service. Not acceptable in my opinion. Their PDI isn’t very good.

I bought a new Evoque a few years ago, it had the wrong wheels and about an 8 inch scratch on the rear bumper. I had to take the car because I’d stopped the insurance and the dealer sorted it the following week.

10. Thanks all.
    So far so good. On Yer Bike told me they’ll sort it all out at the 1st service.

They need to take photos and get Ducati warranty approval so not cracking open the champagne just yet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Just out of interest which dealer did you buy from?

12. On Yer Bike Aylesbury

Do Not Sell My Personal Information