1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Visors And Gps

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Not as good on the Multistrada as on my MV. Odd that the fairing on the latter was more effective yet the helmet venting worked better...

On my Welsh coast ride the other day I was having to open the visor a crack every now and again to clear it despite the pin-lock. Will maybe try the Puig Sports screen and see if that helps... I do tend to put the bike away for winter once the gritters come out though.

2. My issue was on my Scrambler 1100

My multi was written off after someone rear ended me a month ago at a roundabout

I used to wear the Arai Tour X 4 on Multi and bought this GT air for the Scrambler as Tour X was a bit much on the neck..

It was foggy and humid this morning ... but the pin lock was useless...

Anyone have any better options than pin lock for fogging?

3. +1 for the GT Air. Great all round helmet and while I usually take sunglasses nothing to worry about if I forget them . @Simon Audi , no misting issues at all. Had mine 2 years now and used it in temps down to around freezing with no problems. Maybe it is down to different airflow on different bikes ?

4. I will try taking out the chin shield and see how that goes... the Adv Forum - one guy said this helped - then a Foggy Insert (I already have the shoei fog guard fitted) again someone said it helped..

See how that gets on... I do have a new Pinlock there... but as this one has done about 2000 miles (15 to 20 rides) its should not need changing.

Thanks all..

5. I use an illegal dark visor on bright days. I maintain that I know better than insurance companies or whoever makes the laws and id rather be able to see and give myself a chance of avoiding an accident than on arguing about a claim.

6. Arai with a drop down visor? Really?

7. Not having a Shoei?

8. Yes - Shoei GT Air for scrambler and a Arai Tour X that I used on the Multi..

9. upload_2018-10-21_23-32-28.png

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  10. Less said about those the better. That’s not really a drop down shade, and in practice you get flies on the clear and on the shade and trapped between the two.

11. Well with the chin guard out and with a foggy fitted.. no more issues with visor fogging (with pinlock) on my GT Air... not sure which or if it was both that solved problem as I did both changes at the same time.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information