1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Darwin Theory For Bikers A1 Stevenage

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Diver, May 15, 2017.

1. Having a ball, thanks for the positive post :)

#41 Carr01, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tighter pants maybe ??? o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Having...
    Bloody spell checker...... and short sightedness :)

4. Posters in this thread have posted a wide variety of views, often diametrically opposed to one another. So when you say "you Poms", would care to clarify which particular set of Poms you disapprove of?

• Like Like x 1
  5. ^ and what does he mean by becoming?
    Thought we have always been nancies in the eyes of our colonial cousins! ;)

6. ^ and what gives with these new freaking emojis! That prick looks like someone's given him a black eye! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I agree, their shit : unamused:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. The NHS look after the rich and the poor alike, there is no discrimination (at the moment) I can see the NHS being means tested in the future though and in certain areas this may help save money, but we all pay taxes and the rich actually pay more than the poor (of which I am one) and so means testing could do more harm than good. There are certain medications that are no longer available on the NHS and the Doctors tell us to buy our own as it's cheaper than the prescription anyhow! It could get very deep and difficult to implement though! There are so many facets to this debate. I do agree though that if you ride a bike without certain protection, in case of an accident then the NHS should save life, but after that you should be billed for any injury received due to lack of protection if you negate to wear it. Cyclists wear cycle helmets but its not compulsory, I wear one and my kids wear them, so if we had an accident I would expect treatment paid for by the taxes I have paid over my lifetime, if I didn't wear the helmet I would expect treatment but the NHS to try and recover some of the treatment expenditure afterwards. It will never work though lol ! Leave it to the professionals to sort in Parliament hahaha :)

9. I hope they don't bring back duelling as we would all be up the creek! Tee hee.

10. Much safer than boxing now they have removed much of elbow and knee blows. When it started however...real Caesar gladiatorial stuff

11. A big problem (after the personal liberty issue) is that if additional safety equipment were to be made mandatory then that would create a whole new set of standards for each item required. This would have an inevitable knock on effect on price - CE stamped gloves, leathers, boots, textiles anybody?
    The personal liberty has to be the biggest factor though.
    I am 52 and definitely do know better but still I sometimes ride short distances in jeans ....... (Plus helmet, jacket, gloves and boots). I am also aware of the statistic that says that is exactly when you are most likely to have an accident but it is such a fine line between freedom & convenience and Safety.
    I have spent my 36 years of biking (I'm sure everyone here has too) hearing tales of somebody I just met's Cousin, Brother, Uncle, Aunt or close friend being maimed, killed or bran damaged in motorcycle accident and it grates that many if these stories (when true !) would possibly not exist if the relevant person had been wearing the right gear.
    Public understanding of the relevance of good kit is very poor. Both my sons have passed their tests (Both now A holders) and neither received any advice/training about kit. Except from me who paid for it and pestered them to wear it however 'uncool' it may have felt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information