1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dash Cam Fitting In Company Car

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by fieldy, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Hi,
    So I work as a service engineer and can travel up to 800 miles a week and have a company car which I also use for private use. Now it’s been mentioned fitting dash cams due to the amount of fines that have concurred from engineers, this is the last 12-24 months, the company has gone through changes being taken over now smaller in size and a new HSE person . I have had 2 fines, no points given while in Holland the mph/kph mistake. The other engineers have had points and fines in the UK.
    The question is has anyone had similar where a camera been fitted for work?
    What about private use at weekend and evenings ?
    Or anyone owns a company and done this ?
    Nothing been confirmed yet but I do not want to logged at weekends.
    Thanks
    Mark

2. So how they will manage your private use. Most have some kind of data masking, whether it’s a dongle you press for each journey or they set simple parameters for working hours. Assuming it’s telemetry based of course.
    As its a company vehicle, they can claim tracking it and cam footage when on private if they can justify insurance costs and theft tracking. If you work from home, make sure they have something to cover the fact it tells anyone where you live, if they have access to see, and ask who cam see your data.

most of this is more revenge to tracking data, but mist cams for business tend to have them these days

3. Thanks, yes I am home base and it is the fact that at this moment I do not who will have access or when or how this will be used if fitted. It is bad enough that when I put my expenses in and more people than I would expect know what I had for lunch.

4. End of the day its their vehicle.

5. Change jobs ? I did when they introduced trackers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. use your own car privately and dont claim for lunch...simples!

Or abuse their system at your own peril, its their car they want you to justify your usage and meals........so comply......;) if i was paying for you i would want to know!

Next you'll be moaning about cctv when you 'work from home'..:rolleyes:

• Crap Crap x 2
  7. Thanks for replies and in response
    Yes it is their vehicle but if it is monitored while out of work then they will know that I visited this and that place even when on vacation.
    I am not trying to abuse the issue, I comply completely, other people have not and have lost their jobs. I have this vehicle as part of my contract for private use will having a camera still be private?
    The meal thing was just an example that stuff doesn't stay private. I spend the money > my manager signs off > accounts approve . Why do others not connected to this route know?
    Changing job is a route that I will look into if I think it gets to that point but after 10 years working for them it will be a jump and I actually like what I am doing.

8. There, you've answered your own question.

9. Private use of a company car is in no way an abuse of its TOU.

Private use of a pool car is an abuse.

I do hope that this of some use to someone, somewhere.

10. yes Keith Moon was known for his abuse.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Did you post that from a pool car, peanut?

Or some other kind of pool?

Second thoughts - Don't answer that

: o D

12. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information