1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Dash Lights Polarity

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by CarloL, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Installing a LCD Dash and using LEDs for the dash lights , oil pressure, low level fuel

Does any body know the polarity of the wires for each light?

Some are easier to figure out than others

2. Oil pressure light is permanent positive to bulb with switched negative, low fuel has switched positive, neutral depends on the age of the bike - early, single phase bikes with 2 wire neutral switch have switched positive, later single-wire neutral switch the negative.

3. Great

Oil pressure light ,permanent positive to bulb with switched negative; How do I identify with the mutimeter what wire is Permanent and the other is switched ? I presume unless an Oil Low pressure scenario is triggers , both are permanent live?

4. Connect multimeter to one of the wires and the other directly to battery to ascertain which is positive/negative. You'll only get 12v on the switched wire when the oil light is on.

On 916 (yours maybe different?) it is a white/yellow wire in a 6-way connector in the headlight housing that connects to the oil light with the positive fed from fuse F4 - red wire in same connector.

The connection info I made for my Translogic installation shows which wires are which for all the connections in the headlight housing, PM me your email address if you want a copy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Everything is working except the fuel light , regardless of what way round I wire it , it just stays constantly on

I am using the OE loom and an LED

Any Idea's?

6. Fuel level sender stuck?

7. About 50% of 748/916 have fuel light always on.

8. Fuel level sender Was working fine before!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information