1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Dash - Not Able To Access Menus

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by pastprime, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Hi there,

A fresh owner of a 1198S with an instrument panel problem looking for advice from people with a lot more experience of these bad boys than me

Symptom: Using the toggle switch B button I can scroll though Trip A, Trip B and Mileage, I can reset Trip A and B to zero using the toggle switch A button. I cannot access the menu mode however long I lean on Toggle switch A. There are no errors on dash and the bike starts and goes fine. It is the original 1198S ECU scrolling display.

Question: Am I missing something simple? I've followed the manual and I've seen the menu demoed when I bought the bike....If it was a computer I would power it down wait 5 mins and power it up again! Should I unplug the battery, wait 5 mins and reattach it?

2. Update: After a short tootle around the local lanes I checked on toggle switch. Toggle A no longer clearing Trip Counters so it is pointing at a dodgy switch/connection...

So time to look at the switch....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. In conclusion - I found the problem was a blown fuse - Fuse 3 Loads/Consumer. A previous owner had put a 10A use rather than 15A stated in the manual. Whether this will be a regular occurrence remains to be seen. Now it's just a case of putting the bike back together :grinning:

Next step while fairings are off is to put a K&N air filter in followed by taking it to CJS near Bristol in a couple of weeks for a dyno and ECU remap...

I hope this will be of some help to someone in the future. For full disclosure as well as toggle A not working neither was the horn and passing switch on the left hand switch.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Oh my daze, so helpful, fuze 3 blown, now the back brake light works, menus work to and the horn.
    What a fuze!

Thanks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information