1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Dashes On Odometer After 62000miles

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Stavrich, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Multi 1200s 2013 62000+ miles.

Just gone over 62000miles and the odometer started displaying dashes. The trip counters work fine.

Has any of you experienced this and hopefully resolved it.

2. Are you sure they’re not exclamation marks..!:p

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Perhaps a coincidence but 62,000 miles is pretty much bang on 100,000 kms.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. This is crazy. I'm not far off that mileage too. Have I really to buy a new dash ? Wtf.

5. I know of several cases that after talking to Ducati, they have been given a new dashboard

6. Really? Ducati will give me a new dash? Has anyone here had one?

7. I think it should be sorted out by Ducati free of charge. As far I can see this is not failure / breakdown but bug in their software / firmware. Ducati must accept responsibility and get it sorted out. Who do i need to contact in Ducati?

I will be happy if after 62k (99999km) it goes back to zero :) but not dashes

8. Would be nice if they fit it too. Can't believe they fit a dash where the readings run out.

9. Congrats on the mileage, that's immense! Are they all your miles?

If you bought the bike with 61,500 miles on odometer, please pass my congrats along to your bike and previous owners ;)

10. Would it need all the other immobiliser gubbins as well as the dash (Ecu etc). Doubt the OEM will come up with a way round that requirement.

11. I think the dash just needs syncing with the BBS as the mileage is stored in both, (if the same as the Panigales).

12. That confirms the long haired general's long held hypothesis that..

Unknown-1.jpeg

I'll get my coat.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Contacted a couple of dealers, both fully booked till end of October, but one will squeeze me in without a booking next week. Both believe that is a sync issue (as @bettes suggested ). Only half an hour job but the cost will be down to me which is not right. A problem that occurs at a specific mileage is not a breakdown but just bad design - possibly Ducati never expected their bikes to go over 62136 miles or 99999Km ...

I will let you know of the outcome...
    and @Snips - please let us know what happens when you get to the magic 62136 miles

• Like Like x 1
  14. Are they sorting your existing dash you mean, or supplying a new one?

15. Sounds like, from what @Stavrich is saying, it's a software issue that can be resolved by plugging into the dealers PC. Let's hope that's the case.

16. ... But of course no other motorcycle manufacturer ever has a problem with any of their bikes!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. @Stavrich, FYI, if it is only a matter of syncing the dash and bbs back together, any Indie with a Texa should be able to do it. I know this is defeating the object of getting Ducati to sort / pay for it but it might get the problem sorted sooner.

18. My dash has been showing 99999 for over 4 years now. My dealer indicates there is no solution, nor does Ducati offer a replacement or reset. Mine is the 2010 version, so situation may have changed for later models. I use the trip meter to keep track of service intervals.

• Useful Useful x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information