1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

De-Cat Pipes

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by 1um3, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Greetings from Slovenia
    I am interested to buy LV de-cat.....
    - if I change only de-cat pipes (O2 sensors stays) will ECU light be flashing ?
    - is it a big difference with o2 sensor eliminators on LV de-cat pipes

2. No - youll be ok. There is a sensor on the cat but there is also a sensor point on the decat.....its a straight swap out. If you go for the DanMoto decat (what I had) then there is a sensor point on there.

3. I retained the sensors until I had the remap done and never had any issues either :)

#43 HyperC, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  4. What about performances, is it a big difference with O2 eliminator on LV de-cat.
    I do not want Any trouble due to the removal of this sensor on bike.....

5. IMG_20150203_214000.jpg You wont have to! - the decat comes with an o2 sensor option (the Danmoto one does anyway) so when you take the cat out and put the decat in - you can re-attach the sensor. Here's mine - note the o2 sensor down at the bottom of the pipe - mine is blanked as mines been dyno'd.

6. As I've said Matija, I kept all the sensors in place & connected and ran it like that without any problems for several months. There wasn't any noticeable change in performance until I had the ECU remapped when the sensors were removed, only difference the deCAT pipe made up until then was looks, sound & weight. FYI, mine is a 796.

7. Yes I understood, but is worth to get extra o2 sensor eliminator on LV de-cat, like
    Oxygen O2 Sensor Eliminator Ducati Monster Hypermotard 696 796 1100 | eBay

8. Eh? you cant add an extra one in - normally the idea is to get rid of them...!

9. OK thanks
    That means, O2 sensor need to eliminated from ECU ?

10. Yes - that's the best way but to do that you need to get it to a dyno operator - if you take it to a good one they will delete the o2 sensors from the ecu - that way you wont need those eliminators then....believe me - this is the best and most cost effective way plus youll get a lot more performance and fuel economy from the bike.

20140315_140908.jpg
    Here's mine. It is without doubt the best thing you can do performance wise for the bike. Ive just changed my front section so it will be going back again in the near future.

11. Totally agree, deCAT+remap+dyno set up = a Happy Hyper

12. Just to add if you are going to go the dyno route - get your bike how you want it....ie drill the airbox (free mod) put a decat on and I would say from personal experience don't bother with the decat - get a whole front section (mivv) - youll be hanging on to it once its done...

13. What's this drill the airbox mod then.. ? Sounds like a good idea.. Any details?

TY N@@DS

14. Yep - you can drill the top of the box - the equivalent ducati part is identical - just gets more air in there...ill see if I can find a pic...

Yep - there you go...
    images.jpg

On a stock hyper that hold is filled....the sp has that hole... I dilled mine and left it as is but Chris (Dyno guy) said that once the hole is drilled to go round the edge to take the burr off with a stanely knife so that theres no turbulence as the air goes in. Makes a nice induction roar as well...

15. Ive got those on my 796 no issues. Throttle a bit smoother.
    Same bloke sells the blanking plugs too.

796 decat is straight through pipe from the engine not just a little section like 1100.

16. I've got the straight through system de cat with blanked off sensors and temis .. Would you say mapping has made a significant difference to your 796 then.. Smoother with more power?

17. I haven't had mine mapped on a dyno I've just got the O2 eliminators and a dp race ecu.

Are you having cjs do some head work for you? Apparently he's the best for remapping, it's quite expensive though and if you change your mods after the map It has to be done again again. I was going to get a rapidbike evo (which constantly tunes the bike and can be taken with you when you change) but I had the dp ecu cheap so thought I'd give it a try try.

18. Nah. No head work.....just back on the dyno....but 100 quid cheaper as its already been done...

19. As posted previously in the thread, after doing the usual mods the £350 spent on the remap/dyno tune is the best value £ per difference mod I've done in 40yrs of riding. It totally transformed the way bike rode, much smoother low down, far more mid range pull, uses less fuel, what's not to love ;)

20. Sorry to jump on but if you just have the LV decat pipes with stock cans do you need a remap, in the sense that the engine is being damaged?

I understand the changes following a remap, done it to several cars and as you all day you can't describe the difference which usually quite significant.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information