1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealership Experience... Hyside Over Seastar..

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Rossco701, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Another thumbs up for Peter and the guys at Hyside. I take my Panigale 959 there, and Peter couldn't be more helpful. He went above and beyond to help me when my tracker (fitted by another dealer) developed a fault, to the point of calling AllTrak several times and having a spare unit on standby if it was necessary to swap it out when I brought the bike in. I travel from North London to them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Have to say I have and always will get any work done that is beyond my capabilities or those of the tools I possess, by Carl Harrison in Harleston, Norfolk. Many superlatives have been heaped on him and his reputation over the years but all of them justified. He is quite simply the nicest, kindest most knowledgable straight talking guy you can hope to work on your bike and he only ever does what is necessary to sort the problem out and often more besides at no extra cost, to ensure your bike is returned better than when you left it. 30 years experience with the brand and it shows. He's in the most unflattering of premises and at first glance you would be forgiven for thinking it all looks a bit ramshackle but beyond the facade is a wealth of talent and professionalism. You can find out more here: www.carlharrisonmotorcycles.co.uk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gents I would like to thank you all for your input and past experiences. It has been quite and interesting post over the last couple of days. I would like to think the boys at Hyside will see all the good comments on this post and also like to think that the other dealership in question will see the comments. Once again thank you for taking the time to read my post.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oi! Woman here! You're welcome. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Could not agree more, Carl is a top bloke and very, very knowledgable.

6. bought several bikes over the last few years from Seastar which have all been serviced by them. Never had any problems and, in fact, they suggested i try and get chain and sprockets changed under warranty on the 1260PP and were responsible for pushing Ducati to honour it. my V4 streetfighter is on order with them and have no issues whatsoever with the team there

7. Just to say I have used Hyside a lot and good helpful bunch and confirm Peter on spares very helpful had one occasion strada went into limp mode fully loaded on way to docks for long holiday across Spain one call to them and straight there 3 fitters round it 25 mins later and on way again still got ferry brill service and used glen at Moto v totally excellent bloke above and beyond good service

• Like Like x 1
  8. i live not far away from seastar and have found them to be the worst ducati dealer i have ever come across,they're lack of knowledge bad customer service and generally very rude attitude is terrible.i have heard alot of horror stories about them and would never use them.
    i have been to hyside and to carl harrison who were ok.
    i would only ever use moto rapido for any of my ducati's,the most helpful polite knowledgeable dealership in the uk!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes I’ve heard lots of good reports about moto rapido so must be good that’s where my strada came from originally and first owner also spoke highly of them

10. Second that. Been recommending him to one and all for an age now. I designed his current website so he does me the odd favour from time to time as a result but that aside I would still use him regardless.

11. I’ve PM’d you.

#31 Zhed46, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Stick with regular contact mate. They will come good for you in the end.
    I had a similar long term issue and Tim Maccabee, here on the forum, brought it all to an acceptable conclusion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Lololol I do apologise. Many thanks.

14. What part of the country, without saying exactly which shop, would I be looking into this cabinet?....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information