1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Definite Tour Of Europe ...8th May - 11th June

Discussion in 'Touring' started by chizel, Mar 30, 2019.

1. I know I bloody should mate ....you are a gent, I love donny too, now I’m thinking of reasons I can’t ha ha

I don’t actually know if I can do it, if I can ride a bike amongst other people, it’s looking like the 1198 might be coming back, alternative is a legal dispute with a main Honda dealership, trading standards have stated we have a rock solid case for a full refund but the dealership say we haven’t so looking like get it back and sell it, unless a legal eagle on here wants a chat about the quite frankly disgusting situation of paying for a bike in January and in late April we still do not have it althoughi did have it at ducati John’s for a few days until it was sent back....anyway it means I might have a Ducati by the 14th

2. I’m not flash cash wise spent 2k on the fooking van in last 2 months or so which hasn’t helped, I’m tempted though

3. Good stuff, pm me your dates as soon as you know, so I can block my agenda. I live near Toulon, and can organise a trip to the Verdon that takes about 5-6 hours return including lunch. Do you have accom organised? I can't put you up I'm afraid (wife/kids), but it would help with planning to know where you will be staying.
    Cheers
    Grant

4. Sounds like Grant is going to sort you a day in Verdon. From there I'd generally do Mt Ventoux, Orange, the Cevennes and then drop down to the East end of the Pyrenees and ride the Spanish side (better roads, cheaper/better/more welcoming accommodation) back to Bilbao.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Send me a PM Carl

6. Cheers Paul I have

• Like Like x 1
  7. ferry tickets booked, gp tickets booked. going to spend the first few 2 days in santander and do a bit of moochin about then on to babastro for 2 nights, stop there on the last trip and i really liked the hotel and food but didnt get to look around.. not that is a big town!! then i might head up to see the millau bridge..
    got a bit of an idea of a route but nothing set in stone and no accommodation booked yet.. any suggestions? the route i put in sat nav is based on a lil info and guess work!! sat nav says 11 hour ride so will need some where to stay in between...
    this will put me in millau on the 15th (where i will need some where to stay again) then 2 days to get to le mans.. doable? whats a good route from millau ? tarn gorges?
    any info greatly appreciated as always!!!
    remember to keep it simple!!!

8. also camping at le mans!!! whos done it? any advice? cant be arsed with booking hotels and getting to and fro so im thinking, but a cheap tent and sleeping bag somewhere near by and slum it.... probably save me a few quid

9. Yeah I have camped a couple of years, van and a tent, four of us just outside the circuit. Noisy with bikes and parties going off all night, good atmosphere, recommended. I can’t do the gp this year but would love a ride into Italy over the Col du Simplon from Brig in Switzerland to Domodossola and onwards east, then boat from Ancona to Split and a ferry ride to the island of Brač. I had a girl there in summer 2016 and I keep promising myself to go back and hook up again so if you fancy heading east anytime from 20 may and don’t mind being abandoned for a day or two (or five minutes, including time to boil an egg) I would be up for a trip, seriously, and that would also give me an excuse to buy the Hypermotard I haven’t done much about. Failing that, if Spain is on the cards, my mum has a house in Nerja and cousins in Seville which would provide a bit of comfort on a long journey west. Anyway, pm me if you fancy a trip buddy, east or west. I’m not interested in Northern France, Belgium, Holland or Nazi Germany (or Germany as they insist on calling it these days).

• Like Like x 1
  10. im leaving le mans on the 20th may and am going to prague to see my niece fron nz ,who happens to be there for a week!, that will be on the 23rd and 24th (could perhaps do 24th and 25th but i gotta let her know real soon so she can get organised) this gives me 5 or 6 days to get down to mugello for the 30th i have a hotel booked in prato from then till the 3rd june then nothing booked except hopefully catching up with @The Royal Maharaja and making my way back to bilbao ...
    if any of the suits i would welcome the company for sure!!! im on a scambler mind so it wont be warp speeds for me!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. That would actually be bang on. Would you fancy heading to Split? The boat goes from Ancona which is three hrs from Mugello. Brač is the big island facing Split. If you would be coming from Prague I would just take the tunnel du Mont Blanc via Chamonix and save the scenic rides for the route home. You would be welcome to crash at mine in the Alps on the way back (some truly epic rides here). I will be on a so far imaginary Hypermotard!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Could be up for that... was thinking of doing the stelvio pass... the tunnel would mean doubling back quite a ways wouldn't it?

13. I mean the tunnel for me heading from Geneva to Milan, meeting up with you in Mugello!

14. Ahh... perhaps I could we could meet in Milan? I'm going to need to stop some where... what would be good timing to get from Prague to Milan and how long would we be in split? You gunna do the gp?

15. Yeah I’ll come for the gp, seeings as I can’t make Le Mans. Have a look on google maps, that’s all I tend to do. Split would only be a couple of days, including a trip over to Brač to see if I could find this girl (she was working in a shop in Povlja). It’s a cool island with open roads and no traffic to speak of. Check out the beach at Zlatni Rat!

16. tbh mate i think the time line to tight to get to split and back unless spending no time there.. its a 9 hour ferry .. just had a look at sailings and not much coincides with the dates for me... i dont know... if i leave prague on the 25th id probably want to stop somewhere half way to milan and in milan, making it the 28th to get on the ferry. got to be in mugello on the 30th even if in the evening.... if you wanna do the gp youd need to book hotel smartly unless you have a cunning plan!! i just booked in prato at hotel datini and think it was one of the last rooms in the area..

17. ill pm you my number and perhaps give me a bell in the morning to have a chat....

18. Meh, tbf it would mainly be an excuse to go and hook up with this girl, she was an absolute honey. I can watch the gp on my app!

• Love You Love You x 1
  19. Ok, sure let’s do that and see if we can make something of a plan, I can always disappear off on my own!

• Like Like x 1
  20. This thread gets better Chizer
    I’m excited for you :D

• Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information