1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Demo's For Sale In Manchester

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by El Toro, Aug 3, 2018.

1. These will be 2 months old with about 500 miles

2. Aha...fair point and duly noted..so i sugges to everyone hold fire for a few more months and the prices should drop nicely. I have had it in car sales that timing can also be crucial. Sometimes sales targets are set per model, in order to achieve a target that will give you much more keenly priced bikes for the next year/quarter etc itcan be worth taking a big loss on the last few units needed to sell. IE if ghe dealer sells a bike a a loss of a thousand pounds it might enable them to be offered a 500 pounds more dicount from the manufacturer per unit in the next quota.

#22 michel couque, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  3. My first Ducati from Manchester (848 evo corse) was an ex demo. 3 weeks old and 281 miles...........I saved £2k

• Like Like x 2
  4. EX DEMO! :scream:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I got my Diavel from Duc Mcr, it wasn't a demo but only had 791 miles when I bought it. To be honest, they looked after me very well, both with servicing issues and logistics. Cant fault them.

Stuart

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bellends on here, miserable bellends

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Exactly .
    I think every demo bike I've ridden I have bought one Because I was interested in buying one in the first place . I ride the demo as I would ride my own bike . Why nut's a bike everywhere just because it's a demo? That's not a true reflection of the bike under youre ownership .
    I guess you get lots of dreamers take a demo out and thrash it with no intension of trading in their 20 year old bandit for a new V4S . Twats .

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for your detailed insight on how to be one of those know it all, pain in the arse, cheap skates that wants to knock the last fart out of every deal. I’m sure Ducati Manchester revel in the delights of dealing with punters like you . . .

9. £££££ to be saved surely is a good thing whether it be a xdemo ,pre reg, if I can save thousands of pounds it would be silly not to look at the deal, not sure I would buy a xdemo that had been used in the winter months as salt would have started it work. Went out on a Ducati demo yesterday and it was a assisted ride, no way did we have the opportunity to exploit the bikes, that said I would have refused to go out on the Diavel as the back tyre was border line.

10. My Multistrada was Ducati Stoke demonstrator it was 2 months old with 260mls on it it's been faultless DMC have really looked after me and the £2.5k saving was a bonus
    It not the first ex demo I've bought

• Like Like x 3
  11. you are more than welcome. The insight comes from talking with dealers who were happy to chat as they were selling me vehicles.
    It is up to the selling party to decide if the price is right, they can say no and no offence taken. I say no to customers who offer a price that is below the margin i will work to very easily and witbout loosing any goodwill.

What's your address so i can put you on my christmas card list.

#31 michel couque, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 4
  12. Thanks Michael, send the card here

Dalton House, Wash Way Road, Cross St, Sale M33 7AR

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Some Cockwombles too

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. C4E9B324-4470-4A67-8497-C772512DD12D.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. I was a bit reluctant before buying my multi, a demo with 800miles and 4 months old for the reasons mentioned by Wayne. However, every time I seat on a demo or go for a car/bike test ride, I think of the exorbitant excess in case of something goes wrong, so drive/ride carefully.
    Yes, still can check what they are capable, in an open road, no traffic, roundabout with no cars, etc. Even pushing it to the red line, they were built and tested by professionals to do this.
    Also, I can't think of irresponsible people riding demos like willing to crash it. Riding it to the red lines, testing hard breaks and suspension, cornering to the edge of tires wouldn't do any bad to it.
    That's my view.

#35 Rover, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Just to add a note reference the engines being ragged on demo bikes........every engine when tested in the factory is tested throughly (aka had its tits ragged off) before the bike is passed and released to dealers.

#justsaying

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. all of the gear all of the time..

18. Got to say the guys at GTs in Plymouth are absolute stars

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Top blokes they were, when I went for my Pani R :) :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Did you have an 1199 at the time? I think we had a chat, I have a grey 749

Do Not Sell My Personal Information