1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denali Soundbomb

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by comfysofa, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Very generic but if you're running air filters then there's a shed load of space where the airbox went. I've got one of these on my zed and it's fucking brilliant....about 6 months ago I was travelling over a roundabout by my house...I bloke in a car drove onto the roundabout knowing I was there, on the phone also and even had the fucking cheek to wink at the same time...cunt...I pressed the horn which gave out a feeble " meep "....So bought the Soundbomb for my zed....another unfortunate driver kind of did the same....cue freight train style horn...so...wondered if I could fit one to the hyper...turns out...you can...right next to the air filters...under the tank...!
    20180909_125738.jpg
    I put the relay here...
    20180909_145542.jpg
    Which has a built in fuse you can get to easily, and unplug easily to if it needs to be replaced...I look forward to scaring someone shitless tomorrow in rush hour traffic...

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Don’t you have a Mohican stuck on your helmet too? : unamused:

3. Nope - i just cant abide car drivers knowingly being dangerous and thinking they can get away with it....meep horn (to me) says "dya mind....?" - 120db says "OI....NO...!"

• Like Like x 1
  4. Id just like to say that, now its fitted its actually less obtrusive than the old meep horn that was bolted to the side of the frame at the front!

5. If anyone is wondering about wiring its dead easy....if you put the relay where i did you unplug the old horn and and plug into two of the 4 pins of the relay. The negative on the horn goes to the frame. The positive from the horn goes to the 3rd slide connector on the relay and the 4th slide connector on the relay goes to the battery...easy...

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. I fit one to the KTM.

Had a car driver try joining my lane on the motorway. I held my horn and he didn’t react at all. I had to brake and tuck in behind. When I undertook and gave a finger, he clearly had no idea what he’d done. I checked my dash cam footage and I couldn’t even hear the horn on there. Ordered a Denali straight away and it’s great. Will be going on every bike.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Does it play Dixie and other popular tunes? :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I have one on my Supersport 939. Compressor on one side and horn on the other. Does just what is intended, brings many car drivers to swivel their heads looking for the HGV.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Link please. I’d like one of those ones :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. I’m sure I had one on my mk2 cortina. They were called airhorns then ;)

11. id fit one to the rsv4 but, theres literally no room....the fairing is holding all the hid power packs...having said that i might re visit and have a poke around....its heading for a strip down and clean so, may find somewhere in there...

12. Do you loose any of the volume by splitting the compressor and horn??

13. Got one, very happy.
    [​IMG]

14. No. I’ve got the split version.

15. cool...think i may be able to do something then...the only achilles heel is a stock horn is just two wires but the soundbomb is, well, more and a relay thrown in....not the end of the world but if you get a problem theres a little more fault finding and wire checking to do...

16. You could look at the split version and have the horn under the nose, attached to the bottom yoke (what I’ve done). No idea where the compressor would go on such a tiny, well packed bike though.

17. I hope I never see a thread entitled ‘lightening my bike’ :confused::sob::joy:

18. I reckon there might be space at the front of the airbox....and then as you say take the old horn out and stick it there....as i say itll be coming apart for a clean soon...

19. For the sheer safety aspect its worth the weight....

• Like Like x 1
  20. I have the split version too.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information