1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denzil Down

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Denzil the Ducati, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Welcome back real Denzil Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush::upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Great to hear you are home. Take it easy and keep on the meds. Much love to you and yours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Great news that you are home Denzil. I really do hope that with time you make a full recovery.

The accident sounds awful. It really sickens me that some totally negligent idiot has done this to you.
    How do they explain themselves?

Keep improving, keep posting, keep positive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Good to hear your home :upyeah:

5. Ah it’s good to have you home Denzil
    Keep those baby steps coming and healing thoughts coming your way

Davezilla would make a great forum companion for me should she wish too.
    No mechanical experience needed :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. It might be worth asking the police whether they checked the driver's phone record for the time immediately prior to the accident.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Texting???

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Great that you are back online. Thank goodness you had your wits about you to keep still when you crash landed. No doubt that made a huge difference in your outcome too.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Denzil, I don’t know you, other than from on here, but I know youve helped me out with things in past and I’m very grateful for your input and incredibly glad to read you’re now at home and, importantly, mobile. Wishing you a speedy recovery:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Glad to hear you’re home and moving about.
    Did you get nagged about biking in hospital?
    I expected to but no, not once.
    OR

11. Result that your home so quickly:upyeah:
    Reading this is pushing me ever closer to getting some sort of air bag vest. No matter how defensively you ride it can’t mitigate someone giving you a ‘prison hug’ whilst your not even moving!

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Great news Denzil, sounds like you were really lucky so take it easy and make sure you get a full recovery - time is the healer (and the drugs, keep taking the drugs :bucktooth:) :upyeah:

13. Fcuk me, you know not the day nor the hour
    Keep her lit mate.

14. I bought a dainese d Air a month ago. Its warm and comfy. Heavy. Feels well made..
    Instructions are brutal but it's actually easy to set up. Hope I never have to check it works

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. PS get a size up

• Useful Useful x 2
  16. Good to hear that youre out and about.Try to stay positive and take things steady.Good luck with your recovery.Good wishes to your family,as well!

17. Surprise... (had to stay for the bins, really)

Just popped back to say @expired road racer - yes, the driver had his phone checked, was breathalysed etc at the scene. Assume the police took him back to the station for statements as he had a Ducati stuck in the front of his ride home... From what I've heard from people in discussions about this elsewhere checking phones is now standard practice for the police attending any kind of traffic incident (at least where we are).

• Like Like x 10
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Very pleased to see you are out of the hospital -which can only mean you are definitely on the mend!

19. Get well soon Denzil.
    Reading through threads like this reminds us how vulnerable we are every time we swing a leg over the bike and head out for a ride.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sorry for the limited news today but my arms, tendons, wrists, hands and fingers, plus a really painful shoulder mean using a keyboard is pretty hard work and my post yesterday ended up finishing because of hot burning pains in my wrists, both of which feel like they have tight bracelets on them. The Doctors refer to it all as soft tissue injuries. To give you an idea of how much ability I have just now my first breakfast, wash and shit at home took 4 hours and I had to go back to bed for an hour to recover after the shit.
    Big news is @Denzilina has her own account :eek:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information