1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denzil Down

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Denzil the Ducati, Oct 3, 2019.

1. It has been mentioned before, but a daily diary for the pain & discomfort is very useful when the legal stuff starts.
    :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Welcome to the Forum Denzilina:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Main thing at the moment is you're home and on the road to recovery.:upyeah:

4. You got your own name wrong :eek:
    Welcome to the Denzil Sub Forum anyhoo :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dam, we have to be good now : unamused:
    less of the poop talk o_O

• Like Like x 1
  6. Had to follow the way my own father spelled his name didn't I... :eyes:

And there was me questioning whether I should report his enthusiasm at "doing a great poo" on Tuesday when he was told he was being discharged next morning...

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. Like father like Daughter o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Hi Denzil.
    Glad to hear you are home. Remember that breakfast well as it should be the baseline against which you measure how much better you are feeling each morning. Just keep up with the physio: it will be hard work, but worth it in the long run.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Speaking as the father of girls, it’s the primary purpose in life to have the ability to be able to embarrass your daughter(s) at will.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Trust me, Mrs Denzil is more talented at that... And she knows it :laughing:

I'm currently pulling this together (the days in hospital are probably remembered better by me and mum) with additional timelines for non medical stuff (eg recovering the 748, contact with the police and insurers). It at least appeals to my enthusiasm for throughness. How long would you recommend keeping it up for, Biot? (Just as long as...?)

• Like Like x 4
  11. Yeahhhhhh :)
    Welcome into our mad house
    Don’t forget ya bins

• Like Like x 2
  12. I think she already 'knocked the ball out of the park' on the bins front :eek:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. I know but I had to say it ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Fairy snuff :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. it's the law!

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. I just kept my diary going until I could ride again because that was almost the end of recovery for me (smashed hand was the main injury). In my case it looked like I had a bunch of purple bananas hanging from my wrist, so
    Photographs of injuries, bruising etc. may seem a little gruesome, but they have more impact than the written description of injuries for anyone without full medical knowledge who may be looking at the claim.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I was 1 year off bikes, 2 off work.

No payout, as was punted off on a tday.

Loss of 2 years money and written off 748s.

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  18. Good to know and I hope your hand did make a full recovery, 98 SPS.

Everything I have is currently on a memory stick cleared of work stuff, it includes files for photos of kit, physical injuries, bike. Will add x rays when we have them. We have been surprised there hasn't been more bruising so far... The main instance is on his lower back and it is HUGE, but appeared maybe 6? days post accident (need to check the spreadsheet:bucktooth:) (and he fell on his front so not a straightforward "made contact with ground, got bruised" arrangement). The bruises which were on his head on day one (in lines which corresponded to the joins in the lining of his helmet) have long since gone. There is light bruising on his legs which follows the shape of leg armour/boots but it's bizarrely light, I've done worse tripping over the cat!

The human body is a strange thing because he definitely feels "black and blue".

19. Keep the diary going for at least 6 months. It doesn’t need to be every day; as recovery all being well will get better as time goes on.
    Interim compensation payout is normal with final payout not calculated until doctors can state medically that the body has recovered to a finite point. It’s very very difficult to have a final payment increased later on if a medical complication arises which is attributed to the RTC.
    Which is why final payments with regard to injury; both physically and mentally can take a long time.
    A competent solicitor will explain this all to you.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Back bruising is possibly due to vertebrae damage.
    I hope he doesn't get nerve damage pain - that really hurts and takes a very long time to get better

• Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information