1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denzil Down

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Denzil the Ducati, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Or a “Courbette”.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Not a long way down from small horses...:thinkingface: although I suppose most bikes you don't need a set of small stairs to get onto. I can well imagine the "horse wheelie" situations :joy: they are capricious and expensive creatures, Ducatis on the other hand...

... Yeah

Dad feeling well enough to be a bit grouchy today :joy: he has walked a bit but I think is frustrated with how tired it makes him. He's having slightly less medication for the pain and I think is starting to realise that there are parts of him (not just his back) which are feeling the brunt of the trauma. Think this could be the hard bit for him and may send his original resolve to get back on up and down a bit. We'll see.

Likely to get a look at his bike kit tomorrow. Is there any use in making an itemised list of this (with approx value?) for future insurance purposes? I've run out of things to organise now I know the 748 is being recovered on Monday and it doesn't suit me...

• Like Like x 3
  3. That's the trained version ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yes, an itemised list with cost to replace will be very useful.
    Despite my main injury being to my shoulder, my ribs and tummy muscles were really sore to start with, so yes, it’s not just the obvious bits that hurt.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Of course sometimes a horse suddenly and for no apparent reason decides to do a "stoppie" potentially immediately after a "wheelie" or even a wide open throttle jam...

stopie.jpg
    stoppie2.jpg

#105 Jez900ie, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Old rider - great, I'll get stuck into that.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Sorry to hear the news and GWS.

Any decent solicitor will advise you not to make a quick settlement with the other party,as it will take the best part of 18 months to be receiving treatment and make a full recovery. Only then can the appropriate amount be agreed. Also,if they recommend you accept the first offer they are no good!!

Wishing the family well

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Was it named after that small comedian?

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. You don't know about hoseses like wot I do o_O

10. Are they like water hoseses ?..

11. No, now shut it and we might get a piccie o_O

Evening the Denzil : unamused:

12. Stop nagging...:rolleyes:

13. :no_mouth:

14. Thoughts are with you Denzil and you too Denzeller.. I hope you make a speedy recovery and get to rebuild your 748 in time..

Muchly many thoughts, luvs ( manly luvs) and hugs..

NOODS x

• Like Like x 1
  15. Just had a bit of a chat with Andy and he’s asked me to thank everyone who’s shown an interested. He still drugged up but able to talk and in reasonable spirit. It means a lot to him!

• Like Like x 13
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Thanks bettes for phoning dad today - you are right, he really does appreciate it!

Progress today was sitting out of bed for an hour and walking slightly further on the ward. He is starting to feel things hurt - mainly his left shoulder. He fell into the recovery position and his left hand must've come down first so this makes sense, but we'll have to see if there is damage to eg ligaments. He's finding eating hard work which I think is a tough for him. Anyone who's met Denzil will likely know how highly he prioritises cake and I don't think he's ever found eating so difficult.

Staying with my mum currently so will make a start on the list of damaged kit and am also putting together a progress diary as was suggested by someone quite early on in this thread. The 748 will also hopefully be recovered to its temporary lodgings smoothly tomorrow.

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Thanks for the update Donzella. Lack of cake is always a concern.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Haha I remember the cake bit, Denzila. Both times we met up for brews, the cake bit came out!
    I wish him all the best for a speedy recovery. Top bloke!

• Like Like x 2
  19. It's Denzilla - 2 l's :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  20. I lurve cake mmm mmm

Here’s one I didn’t make earlier

DF4C112C-58EF-4C52-A436-38B499AF5418.jpeg

Thinking of you all

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information