1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Denzil's Damage More Photos

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Denzil the Ducati, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Paul,
    The first consultant review appointment was on 5 Nov (day 34 since the accident) and the surgeon that did the emergency op was very happy with how things were going. None of his metal work had moved so he regarded me as being out of what he described as "the critical stage" where there was a higher risk that I could do irreparable damage by not following instructions carefully enough and dislodge some of the screws or rods. The scaffolding is holding the vertebrae in the correct alignment and separation to allow the T12 vertebrae to build up the bone in the right places. It seems that the C4 neck fracture has knitted together already. I had a look for the first time at the post accident xrays and was shocked at the damage to the vertebrae in that only 40% of it was intact and the rest had been shattered so I could see why he was quite excited by the recent xrays.
    Today is the first day I have been able to get around the house without a stick or a frame and I am cutting back on the codeine doses to minimize the unfortunate side effects. Improvements are slow but progressive. Now have another two months signed off work (at least) with very limited mobility and capability which will have me crawling up the walls in the very near future.
    Chiz, being waited on is great but I would so much prefer to be able to all do that stuff myself, pretty sure Mrs Denzil would also prefer not to be covering our entire well being all the time. How I long to be able to have a long soak in a hot bath instead of an assisted wash with a bowl and a flannel every day.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. it must be a nightmare for sure dude.. at least there is some great news in there though and well done for following doctors orders:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. D, you're a similar age to me (I'm 59 just - and mentally much younger! ) and our bodies are not as young as they used to be, or we think they are, and things like this really bring it home to us in a mega serious way. I'm very glad to read you are on the mend, and at this age in life it will be slower, so take it easy, frustrating as it is (and I know I'd be so frustrated at the inability to do anything for myself)....... but....... and I'm sure I say this for many on here, post a pic of the scaffolding so we can all go 'fuuuuuccckkkk'.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Glad to know you're making steady progress as thats the important thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I am also similar age. I had a bad accident in 2012.
    Though I would loose a leg and at times wished I had.
    Took (what seemed like) an age to mend, but, when i turned the corner it got better dammed quick. Keep positive, take it easy, follow the docs instructions and all will be good.
    If you get really bored there are plenty on here to drop in and annoy you over a cuppa whilst picking your brain about various Ducati woes.
    Let us know and we will form a queue.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information